photography...

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
I just purchased a Canon XTi and I am in love with it. It has so many features that I am still learning how to use it.

Here are some of the pictures I've taken. Critiques and suggestion on the pictures are always welcome.

Flickr: Photos from jgomez65

It might be better to seee the picts in slideshow format

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
Trina said:
We have vacationed on different lakes in New England for the past 5 summers. Here are a few pics.
I love that photo with the two kids facing the lake. Beautiful!

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
jgomez65 said:
I just purchased a Canon XTi and I am in love with it. It has so many features that I am still learning how to use it.

Here are some of the pictures I've taken. Critiques and suggestion on the pictures are always welcome.

Very nice pictures on Flickr. I love flickr.com and highly recommend it to everyone.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jgomez65 said:

Great pics. How much did that camera cost you?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
jgomez65 said:
I love that photo with the two kids facing the lake. Beautiful!
Thanks! That's one of my favorites. DS and DD were sitting together on the end of the dock chatting away. I snuck up behind them to get that shot.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Trina, if you already haven't, you might want to consider flickr.com or photobucket.com to store some of your favorite pictures online for free. I suggest that so you have the option of showing some of great photos in higher resolution. I'd love to see that doc pic in a larger size, it's a great shot.

I personally like Flickr.com myself.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
jtee said:
Trina, if you already haven't, you might want to consider flickr.com or photobucket.com to store some of your favorite pictures online for free. I suggest that so you have the option of showing some of great photos in higher resolution. I'd love to see that doc pic in a larger size, it's a great shot.

I personally like Flickr.com myself.

I have a Picasa account, but was unable to post pics that way when I've tried in the past. Perhaps I didn't have enough posts at that point. ?? I'll try again.

Testing...

Nope, didn't work. Either I'm doing something wrong, or it doesn't work with Picasa. I don't have time to figure it out right now.

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
Lissa said:
Great pics. How much did that camera cost you?
I got a great deal on ebay. Brand new with 3 lenses, memory card, and a bunch of other stuff for around $650.00

Thanks for the compliment on the pics.

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
jgomez65 said:
I recently started using flickr and just two days ago updgraded the account to pro. $24.00 a year.

I am also posting some of the pics in Royalty Free Photos, Download Stock Photos and Images stock photo download royalty free to see if I am good enought to make some money on this hobby.

I've heard of some people who are making hundreds of $$ selling their pics there.
I've heard of bigstockphoto.com, or something similar, and yes it can be a good way to make some extra $$$$. I've heard they reject a lot photos that aren't up to their standards.

I've got a pro account at Flickr. Its a pretty good deal I think; all the photo storage you want for $25 per year.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Trina said:
I have a Picasa account, but was unable to post pics that way when I've tried in the past. Perhaps I didn't have enough posts at that point. ?? I'll try again.

Testing...

Nope, didn't work. Either I'm doing something wrong, or it doesn't work with Picasa. I don't have time to figure it out right now.

Trina, if PM me url where people (ie friends\family) can view your photos online, and I'll see if I can help out.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Lol, No talent here Lissa, just a nice camera. I use a Nikon D40, those pictures were taken with a 55-200 lens.

Edit: <AMAZON id="B000SDPMEI" url="http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-3-5-5-6G-55-200mm-4-5-5-6G-Zoom-Nikkor/dp/B000SDPMEI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&amp;s=electronics&amp;qid=1206592971&amp;sr=8-2">http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-3-5-5-6G-55-200mm-4-5-5-6G-Zoom-Nikkor/dp/B000SDPMEI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&amp;s=electronics&amp;qid=1206592971&amp;sr=8-2</AMAZON> is what I have. It was almost $100 cheaper when I got it though.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Sky burning, that is a nice camera. I have a similar model, the <AMAZON id="B000HGMX5M" url="http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-10-2MP-Digital-Camera-Body/dp/B000HGMX5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=photo&amp;qid=1206594245&amp;sr=1-1.">http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-10-2MP-Digital-Camera-Body/dp/B000HGMX5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=photo&amp;qid=1206594245&amp;sr=1-1.</AMAZON> There are probably only a few differences, and possibly only that mine has a few more mega-pixels.