Pink Line Panic...

VelvetRainDrops

Feb 15, 2010
Hi, My name is Sara and i am new to this forum.

Okay so in novemeber i stopped talking my birthcontrol. My Fiance and i figured we would attempt to get pregnant. He has a condtion that would make it very difficult to get me pregnant so we thought we would try. It seemed pretty unlikely and we have been getting ourselves accoustumed to the idea of a life without children...

Low and behold...i am late...only by a few days so far, but upon being forced by my best friend i took a test. No pink line.

Well this morning i guess curiosity (and hope) got he better of him and he took a look at the previously negetive test from last night...now there is a faint pink line.

I wouldnt be overly concerned...except my sister used these same tests (hospital grade from her work) last may when she thought she was pregnant. she took many before one finally turned up with a very faint (only seen by my friend and I) pink line...Now she has a beautiful baby girl.

I know we wanted a baby but i serioulsy thought it wasnt something we could do...i got used to that idea, even comfortable with it since i have suspected this since the beginning of our relationship...

Now i might be pregnant and it is back to square one in life.....

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
After that much time it will be an evaporation line, you shouldn't rely on the accuracy of a pregnancy test after a few minutes. I'm not trying to shoot you down, but I don't want to get your hopes up either, when we have thought we were pregnant all tests eventually showed a pink line, but we were not pregnant.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Honestly, Jeremy is right. It says right on the box not to read results after like ten minutes and expect them to be accurate. I'm pretty sure they will all look like that when you pick them up out of the garbage the next day. If you have the hormone in you, the line will show up right away. If it doesn't show up right then, then the test is negative. Waiting any longer will give you inaccurate results.

Just wait a couple more days, and try another one preferably in the morning when you first wake up, when the hormone is at its highest level. You get the best reads that way. And if it comes out negative, don't pick it up once you've thrown it away. If you miss more days, take another one soon. The hormone level gets higher the more time you wait. You could still be pregnant, but there isn't enough of the hormone in your body to be detected yet. Just be patient, and you'll find out for sure in no time. :)

But if you are pregnant, congratulations and good luck. Everything will work out just fine. I would just not rely on that test for your conclusion. :)

VelvetRainDrops

Feb 15, 2010
I am not the one who picked it up the next day. My husband was and i was at work when he called me about the pink line. They dont all look that way after that amount of time. (this isnt the first one i have taken) and the same thing happened to my sister and she WAS pregnant.

As it happens it was not a positive test. I know what it should look like, he doesnt and got excited. It happens.

Thank you for your responces.

VelvetRainDrops

Feb 15, 2010
I would rather not have to miss work for a doctors appointment until i am sure. So far it has been only a week. I am hoping it either comes so i know i am not, or i get a positive result within a few days. If i don't know for sure either way in another week, i will have to go to the doctors. As much as i hate going. :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
VelvetRainDrops said:
I am not the one who picked it up the next day. My husband was and i was at work when he called me about the pink line. They dont all look that way after that amount of time. (this isnt the first one i have taken) and the same thing happened to my sister and she WAS pregnant.

As it happens it was not a positive test. I know what it should look like, he doesnt and got excited. It happens.

Thank you for your responces.
This is very conflicting to your first post. I was basing my response off of the fact that your entire outlook on the matter was revolving around the test that was picked out of the garbage the next day. I was simply telling you (because you didn't seem to know) that the box says you shouldn't read the results after that long, because they wont be accurate.

They might not all look like that, but most of them do, because it soaks in after awhile.

VelvetRainDrops

Feb 15, 2010
I dont see how it is conflicting with my first statment in which i never said that I picked it up. I said that HE did.

I also said that test was the same my sister used from her work at the hospital. There are no directions. there was no box. Just a packet with the test in it and a dropper. She told me how long to wait. When after a few minutes there was no pink line i threw it away.

The next morning my fiance (i call him my husband because he will be and usually it is just easier) saw it and it had a pink line. He called me and told me the thing had a pink line.

I wrote this post immediatly afterward because i was in a bit of a panic (hence the title lol) as i was going by what HE said and was wondering if it was possible that the results simply took longer than a few minutes to show and since i threw it out after a few minutes i didnt notice that it DID turn pink. After all, my sister did have one test before the one which we confirmed was positive that did this too.

It wasnt until i got home and saw it myself that i could judge that the line was not a positive line.

I think just about any other woman would react the same way about it.

So my post wasnt about it taking an entire night to change, but rather if the same thing that happened to my sister, using the same tests, could have also happened here which was why the line was pink later than the amount of time i was told to wait.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
What I meant was, that I didn't understand why you were getting defensive. You came to a forum, asking for advice, wondering if it were possible that the results took longer than was reccomended to wait, which is clear due to the things you said:

"was wondering if it was possible that the results simply took longer than a few minutes to show"

and we simply let you know that you wont get accurate results if you wait longer than you are supposed to. Why would you ask for opinions, and then get deffensive over them?

"I am not the one who picked it up the next day. i never said that I picked it up. I said that HE did."

You don't have to point fingers. When I replied to your post, and I said "you" I was referring to your party, as in you and your husband, your situation etc. It doesn't matter who picked it up. Its not going to be accurate, and that's all I was telling you. It had nothing to do with who picked it up.

The only thing you said happened to your sister was that she had to take more than one test to get a positive, not that she picked one up later and saw a line. So did she have to take many tests before getting a faint positive and she was pregnant or did she throw one away and look at it the next day and it had a line and she was pregnant? Because that's not what you said.

Really, I don't care. I replied to your post with the answer to your question, and you didn't like it for some reason. And its seriously confusing.