Pink or blue (or both)......

MummyLovesYou

PF Regular
Feb 24, 2011
England
We had the ultrasound on Tuesday. We were all bursting to know (especially the girls)- pink or blue? And...

Yay!
Hubby is especially excited to have a boy to play with- and the girls are happy to have a little sister. We have chosen nicknames for them- Peanut for the boy and Pippa for the girl.Pippa is the bigger baby weighing in at 7.21 oz, and Peanut is smaller at 7.08 oz. Slightly smaller than single babies at this stage.

We bought the first gender-specific things for the babies today- two Mummy and Daddy Love Me sleepsuits. A pink and a blue. We also bought some pink and blue teddies and fleece blankets.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww that is SO COOL!!! How exciting!! :D Congratulations on getting one of both, that is the neatest thing ever. And those little outfits are soooo cute, I am want one for our boy lol. They look so sweet and soft. :p

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Wow that is so great. That is certainly one way to make everyone happy, so good job lol! I can't say how I would handle two, but it would be so cool to have a boy/girl combo like that.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
How cool...although I wonder just how they weigh them that accurately at this stage (not saying it isn't corrrect, I just don't get how they do it...it's not like you can take them out and play with them....;-)

That sounds like great news and they're thriving and all, I bet you're thrilled!
congrats

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah they're pretty accurate but from what I hear, ultrasound weight estimates can be off by a pound or two either way, they're really not exact. A friend of mine had GD (makes big babies) and they did an early c-section on her because the ultrasound estimated baby at 9 lbs some ounces and they didn't want him getting any bigger, and lo and behold they pulled out a 6 lbs some ounces baby. o_O Fail.

MummyLovesYou

PF Regular
Feb 24, 2011
England
Thank you all for your replies, I haven't been able to get them until today as we had a week in Spain with not a computer in sight!

Yes it seems that everyone is happy!
I love the outfits, they are so sweet, although they seem to have been stolen to be worn by two certain little girls' 'babies' as they are practicing with Baby Annabel and her brother to see how to look after a baby.

The babies are really getting personalities. Peanut seems restless and moves a lot (although this might help him to become something like an acrobat or a gymnast in later life I wish he wouldn't make his Mummy's belly jiggle so much, especially at night)!
Pippa is a little (though not much) shyer, and seems to be practicing her Grand Battements for when she is a ballerina (although personally I think that she should postpone her ballet practice until she is born, she ends up kicking her little brother and me so much!)

I am now halfway through my pregnancy and fast approaching the waddling stage, although with several of my friends pregnant too we will all be waddling together!

Hopefully you all had a great Easter, and those of you with school-age children are ready for a bit of peace and quiet again!

Moira

Jun 18, 2011
IMO I hate the blue boy/pink girl thing, too cliche. Why not try a soft green? :)