play, go away, play...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Does anyone else's child do this?

My daughter will ask me to play if I'm doing something, and I'll normally drop whatever I'm doing to go play with her, unless it's something that needs to be done right there. So we'll play for about twenty minutes and then she'll tell me "Go mommy, go away, please." So I'll go and continue whatever it was I was doing before. Five minutes later...she'll come back asking me to play and I'll go. I figured this was normal. She gets bored playing by herself and will want me to come back. But what's bothering me is if I'm doing something else she'll just come up and hit me! I will normally offer to play with her or sit down and play till she asks me to leave. But if I don't jump at her command she will act out. UGH! Terrible twos...

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Maybe when she comes to get you tell her you are going to finish what you are doing then would love to come play with her in just a second. I always do that. She needs to learn that you are both people and you won't just jump at her command - you are the grownup!

Also they don't have a very long attention-span at 2!

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
hannah's mommy said:
Maybe when she comes to get you tell her you are going to finish what you are doing then would love to come play with her in just a second. I always do that. She needs to learn that you are both people and you won't just jump at her command - you are the grownup!

very true. kinda like fooser

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
hannah's mommy said:

I agree 100% :)

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I guess I can be kind of a push over whenever it comes to her asking me to do something like going to play in the dollhouse or outside. I feel bad because I work so much and I don't get to spend as much time with her. She'll cry and it makes me feel bad. Out of my husband and I am the one that is more strict, but when she asks me to do something I get excited that she wants me...she usually wants my husband. I'll def try this out though and try to stick too it. At least in a few months she'll be able to have my attention full time. :D