Please explain this to me....

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I am new to this forum and it's like nothing I've ever been to. I can't tell if you all like each other and are supportive or if you hate each other. Maybe it's me but I have never seen adults act like this. Shouldn't we all agree to disagree and quit name calling if you don't like what someone else says? If you don't have anything creative or supportive to say then don't say anything or answer the post?
I don't want to leave because I really have enjoyed alot of posts and some people on here but it just feels so unpredictible and unsafe.
Is it always like this or is something going on that I am not aware of. Mind you I've only been here a week.:confused:

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I've only been here a few months myself, but this is typical message board stuff. I'm a moderator on a mommy board and have belonged to many different message boards over the years. What goes on here is actually pretty tame. I generally ignore it, and have a saying, "Don't feed the trolls." Trolls are people on message boards who enjoy posting things that ruffle feathers or stir the pot. They love it when people take their bait. The best thing to do is ignore them and let the board admin. do their job.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Most of the little fights around here (Fooser, Lissa, Fallon, myself) are just jokes. If it seems very sarcastic, take it that it is.
This message board is not meant to be the lovey dovey ones that some are. We are not going to sit back and say "awww you are a good mommy/daddy even though you smacked your kid across the face yesterday, tehy deserved it right?" nor are we the other end of the spectrim that do nothing but fight.
If something is truly innapropriate, do not hesitate to notify a moderator. (myself, fallon or JTee) we will sort out what we can.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yeah what kaytee said...lol I know if certian members weren't around anymore I'd miss them a bunch and if I don't get on here all day I actually miss these guys. We are a very supportive bunch for the most part but it really isn't a place for anuone to be looking for a bunch of people to tell them they're right if they aren't, ya know what I mean....Overall though I like everyone

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yay we strive for honest answers. Still no personal atacks but you are free to state your opinion even if no one else agrees with you.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
musicmom said:
It's good to know I can have an honest opinion! Yea!!!
for sure...I've been to some mothering boards where I was actually afraid to post because of bitchiness from other members...I love it here, we can fight about thing we don't see eye to eye on in one thread and move over to another and support that same person if they are down ya know...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
fallon said:
for sure...I've been to some mothering boards where I was actually afraid to post because of bitchiness from other members...I love it here, we can fight about thing we don't see eye to eye on in one thread and move over to another and support that same person if they are down ya know...
Exactly.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ok now it makes sense. I think this will be a great board then. I could never find a board where you could speak your mind and then move on to another post and deal with that post and leave the other behind. Or.......not have to sugar coat every damn thing.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
musicmom said:
Ok now it makes sense. I think this will be a great board then. I could never find a board where you could speak your mind and then move on to another post and deal with that post and leave the other behind. Or.......not have to sugar coat every damn thing.
well I hope you find you like it here...I enjoy your posts and that you don't sugar coat things :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Thanks Fallon. Just let me know if I am too brutally honest or abrasive. I honestly do not want to hurt anyone's feelings and I know I come off the wrong way. I do that in person too. :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
so far I have not found anything wrong with any of your posts! You can be brutally honost all you like as long as you don't directly insult someone. Sure you may say something that someone may not like and they may take it personal but that is there problem!! lol

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yea I'm not big on name calling either as you can tell. It's hard to know what people mean by their typing. These little expressions don't do justice.lol

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
That's so true musicmom, it really is hard to infer the tone when you're reading something.

I personally love the board. I don't belong to any other parenting boards, but I really don't feel that I need to be on any others because this one rocks.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I agree with everyone else. Since I joined I've only come across one poster that I really did not agree with on any level. I just quit reading what they wrote. 10 paragraphs to say one thing is like yelling from your soap box. I do enjoy a good antagonist though.

AnthonysDad

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks for that question MM. I was beginning to wonder myself as I like to give an honest opinion without being attacked for it. I can handle constructive criticism, but some of the things I have read on her have been outright nasty responses.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
we try not to llow others to post "nasty" remarks so if something gets overlooked by a mod, please report the post so that we can deal with it appropriately. We are only a few and to be honost I don't read every thread