Please please help me help my girlfriend......

Tatback

Jan 11, 2012
Please forgive my long post in advance...

I just started dating the most beautiful woman and she has a 14 month old. We were talking the otherday and she mentioned how her current daycare is too far to drive and she wants to move him to a new daycare closer to where she lives. Only problem is neither one of us knows of any really good daycares in the area. Shes kind of newer to the area and I dont have any kids of my own so Ive never looked into daycares.
Shes going to be extremely busy with work for the next couple of weeks and is going to have very little free time sooo......

I want to do all the research for her and suprise her with a list of Great daycares with reviews and prices. Im not looking to tell her where to take her son, but rather just provide her with the info and really help her make the most of her free time so she can spend it with her son.

Does anyone know of any good daycares in the West Palm Beach area or Royal Palm Beach area?

Maybe as far north as okeechobee blvd and as far south as forest hill blvd...

Again a huge truthful thank you in advance....

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
There are a number of interesting articles on the internet about how to prepare for a daycare hunting.
It's like a job search, it takes a lot of time and energy and it's very difficult.

You need to ask:
- The child / adult ratio
- The childcare professional's background (are they certified?)
- The kind of philosophy the use (how will they handle discipline?)
- The kind of meal they offer

You have to visit:
- How do they talk and interact with children?
- Do they look happy? sad? constrained?
- How are the installations?

Here is an article here with more details.
Good luck!

Tatback

Jan 11, 2012
Thank you very much.....Ive just spent the last three hours putting together a list of 13 Day cares and labeling them A-M with the address info and phone number. Then Im going to print out an area streep map and mark the locations with glow dots and A-m so she can see where they are in relation to her house:D

rodsalazar

Dec 14, 2011
these are one of those things that make me feel relieved i am in the philippines. anyone who makes $1000 a month can afford a maid and a nanny. sorry a little off-topic.