Problem with nap time!...

lelo2006

Jan 10, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi, just found this forum and I'm hoping some of you can help me with this perdicament.

I'm 23 years old and had my daughter November 4th, 2006. Found out not 4 months later I was pregnant again with her sister who was born November 31, 2007. Now the problem is with the older of the two, of course. Ever since she was a baby she has had no problem sleeping on her own. I would stick her in her bed and leave the room and she would go to sleep or cry for a little and then fall asleep, no problems and this was for both nap time and bed time. She's older now so she only has one nap during the day it's usually around 1 and I let her sleep until she wakes up which is anywhere from 1-4 hours. She used to go down for her nap fairly easy, give her a bottle of juice or milk and walk away. But now it's a total fight for her to take her naps. She needs to take it cause if she doesn't around 5 or 6 at night she'll be so tired that I'll have to put her down and that ruins her bed time. Not only is it harder for her to go to sleep she cries and cries when I go to put her down like it's the end of the world and she was never like this. Also, when she used to wake up from her naps she would be happy and cheerful and I would hear her on the baby monitor talking to herself and playing upon which time I would make my way to her and get her out of bed, but now when she wakes up it's an immediate screaming cry :wacko: . Horrible sound and she does this anytime she wakes up, be it nap time or in the middle of the night or in the morning. It's not exactly something I like waking up to. Is there anything that might be wrong...... or anything techniques that anyone know of to maybe help her stop doing this. She has a night light in her room so it's not as if it's too dark but even before the night light she had no problem going to sleep with nothing on. It just started this behavior about the time the second one was born and we moved everyone's bedrooms downstairs. I don't know if maybe the move or the new baby is affecting her or what but this constant screaming for nap times and bed times and the constant screaming to be retrieved when she wakes up is just insane. Any help would be great. Thanks

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
November 31?

Sounds like she has had a lot of changes recently and that could be affecting her. Maybe some time when the baby is asleep you could give her some extra cuddle time or an extra story or two.

lelo2006

Jan 10, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
well that's the thing.... my second born naps alot during the day so my daughter get piles of time with mommy. We play with her toys, I chase her around and we snuggle on the couch as I rub her feet (she really likes that). So when nap time comes around she's not always bad at falling asleep but it's the screaming when she wakes up. She screams until I come and get her and then she's happy.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree. It sounds like normal behavior of child that wants her momy. It sucks I understand. And know how it is, NIhcole did that for awhile. We also thought she had nightmares for awhile. Come to find out though she was waking that way because her belly hurt her. They say when they lay down the gas gets worse. THey don't always just fart it out either, sometimes it just comes out slowly so you don't really know.