proposal stories?...

esmerelda

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2009
Maryland
how did he propose?

Greg had me come to one of his gigs where he proposed through a song he wrote in front of 150 people

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
that sounds so nice.

DH didn't actually have to propose...lol We just planned a wedding :)

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I took Heather to an Italian restaurant. Prior to going, i dropped off flowers and a card and arranged with management to bring them to her after our dinner. They did so, I got down on one knee and asked. :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Dadu2004 said:
I took Heather to an Italian restaurant. Prior to going, i dropped off flowers and a card and arranged with management to bring them to her after our dinner. They did so, I got down on one knee and asked. :)
awww....very cute :)

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I rented a private boat, with catering. I had my mom watch Megan. After we ate dinner I got her to look the other way and when she turned back around I gave this big speech and asked her to marry me.

She said the only thing missing was white doves...dont push it.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
She said the only thing missing was white doves...dont push it.
Ryan and I relased 2 white doves at our wedding in Sedona, AZ. I kinda thought it would be cheesy but actually it was quite beautiful

Lady Karen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2009
Ohio
<LEFT>
:wubclub: :wubclub: :wubclub:​
</LEFT>
<CENTER>
</CENTER>
<LEFT>
How did my husband ask me .... </SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
~ Come w/ me as I share my story I'll try &amp; keep it short &amp; not going into share a big long novel here. </SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
So ... it was way back in 1977 in February that we met each other at a Valentine's Day Parti &amp; so ... while at the parti we talked &amp; got to know each other and so we were together the entire night talking, laughing and sharing with each other. </SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
A good friend of both of ours put the song: Crimson &amp; Clover on the record play ( remember them folks ) well she had it on &amp; I leaned over towards him &amp; planted a kiss on him &amp; said " I LOVE YOU " well then with that kiss and me telling him that we were together all night &amp; nobody could take us apart from each other ...</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
So, as the months went by that we were together we went shopping to look for a suit for him to wear to my SENIOR PROM { yes folks I was in High School at the time we met &amp; he was in the Air Force } so we looked and just for the heck of it I found a couple of rings that I liked. We had not even talked about getting married just looking !!!</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
So, come the night of my SENIOR PROM he picked me up &amp; gave me 1 dozen long stem red roses which were wonderful. So, we headed off to the prom in his pick up truck &amp; there before we went in he asked me to marry him yes folks in the truck he asked me ... not very romantic right ... well I teased him and said NO ... next time you ask me it better be special ... so just 2 weeks later he came to pick me up at school in the truck &amp; in a suit. </SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
the ring out of the box &amp; placed it on my finger perfect fit &amp; I was very happy.[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR]
</LEFT>
</SIZE>[/FONT]
So, that is how it happened ... and we have been together for 31 years in April this year !!!</SIZE>[/FONT]

:wubclub: :wubclub: :wubclub:

JessicaMadison

PF Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2008
Aww, those stories are sweet. :) I remember mine clear as ice.
Hunter was a baby. We were both pretty young. One day, he packed up, dropped Hunter at his Mom's house and drove me to some mystery place. I was freaking out. He told me to relax and that we needed some time alone. Of course, I thought he was going to leave me or something silly. He took me to the beach and pulled out some wine. We were putting our feet in the water. He pulled up his pant legs and got down on one knee and proposed to me. I cried and cried. And of course said yes. We stayed on the beach for a few hours. Just talking and cuddling. Looking up at the stars. Then we packed up and he took me to a cute little hotel by the beach. We talked about so many things. How our parents might kill us. How we didn't want Hunter to be lonely. How our life would be together. We never imagined we would one day have five kids. We thought two at the most. We talked about having another baby. We wanted another one even though Hunter was still pretty young. We decided that we were going to try to get pregnant again. What do you know, a little over a month later we announce to everyone that we were having another baby. Seriously, our parents were furious. He was just starting his career. I was in nursing school. We had a baby boy. We had no room in our apartment for another child. But they got over it and when Bailey arrived everyone forgot about the negative things.

(I think I'm going to cry my eyes out now. Hormones NOT under control.)