Punishment Question for MOMS...

sophomoritis

Banned
Apr 18, 2008
I'm a teen/young adult (19 only a few months ago, but now 20). I'm a sophomore in a good university, doing well too, but still living under parents roof.

*Disclaimer: I do admit that I have a slight fetish since 13 or 14 of age for spanking, but PLAYFULLY. This plays an insignificant role in this topic, because I'm talking about punishment -- how I know this is because when my mom was still threatening me still at 16 (even though she stopped when i was 10) I of course didn't want it!

So please, read on. Skim through the background information as the questions stem from it (my personal experience), and please honestly answer the resulting questions, no matter how ridiculous some might seem. Also, this is not a debate about spanking, please stay on topic.....
------
Background

Temper: I was, and still am, overall a good kid. Great relations with parents, good student, good friend, etc. But when I lose my temper, I throw tempter tantrums - when I was 5 years old, but sadly still sometimes at 20 years old.

Tantrums: The usual things I got in trouble (punishable offences) were: Hitting (note: not PUNCHING, 'gentle' slap, but a slap nonetheless) my 2 years younger sister or mom, excessive swearing, slamming doors, playing very loud music, throwing stuff (books, blankets, etc), etc.....most of the time it was one or a few combinations, but occasionally it was everything: A proper temper tantrum. Sadly, I still act up with my parents in the same way occasionally - I'm not proud of it, I am indeed ashamed, and I know I do need to be punished (hence this post): Still living under their roof when I'm not in my dorm at college.

Punishment (Spanking): I was spanked until I was 10 years old or so, most of the time by my mom since my dad works - and still does - overseas. After chasing me around the house, she would finally catch me, and proceed to sit on me (sometimes thats all it was, to control me until I calmed down), however she would sometimes spank me while sitting on me. Always with hand, always over pants, and always using the "Dont you ever *smack* ever *smack...." method - so not excessive, and not many

--I just recently realized how easily I got off - most kids, it seems, obliged and not resited, and were spanked OTK, on either underwear or even bare, and given even more than I was......

Other Punishments (Physical): Mouth washed out with soap was common until age 10 too, while a slap on the face carried through - hardly ever - and now i can dodge it anyway (last 'attempt' to slap my face was prob when i was 18)

Other Punishments (Age 11-15): After the spanking stopped at age 10, other things became more prevalent: Grounding and/or loss of privilege (No TV and/or Computer, and/or Internet, and/or Video Games etc) for 1-3 weeks

Other Punishments (Age 16-20): By age 16 or so, I just ignored my punishment when mom wasn't around - when she was at work, for example, and sneak on the internet or watch tv. By age 17/17.5 I would simply disregard any punishment leveled at me without caring if she knew or not -- and by 17.5/18, she basically stopped, despite still being a brat throwing tantrums occasionally.

When I was 16, my sister just turned 15, we were in the car and we acted up - I 'hit' her as we just got home. When I got out of the car, mom was was like "I'm gonna smack you're bottom if you continue" - most recent, and last ever threat I received about that

Currently: My younger sister is 18, and a Freshman in college. She's just as bratty, but in a more sassy, whiny way. Same punishment detailed applied to her. Over winter break, she was acting up and I was in my room, my sister was in her room sulking - I over heard my mom in the kitchen tell my dad "What she needs is a good spanking", he agreed -- obviously didn't carry though, and hasn't done since we we're 10, but her thought was there.....keep that in mind.....

With all that said, I have questions - some hypothetical, of which some I would never do but just wondering - so please, answer them all honestly and fully, and then add any comment you want. Just please answer the questions. Thanks:

How you would punish:

1.) If I was you're child, how would you punish and/or spank me if I was 10 or so

2.) If I was you're child how would you punish/spank me between the ages of 13-18 if acted as such?

3.) Would you punish/spank you're child even if he/she was 19-20 and in college, if you felt it was deserved? Even if you stopped spanking a decade go - how would you go about it (ie, she/he is much bigger now) if so?

4.) If your teen ignored punishments as described, and you found out what would you do?

What If.....

5.) If you're 19 or 20 year old teen in college ASKED directly, out of the blue, to spank him/her, what would you do? Honestly.....

6.) If you're 20 year old did something bad (excessive swearing at you, slamming doors, etc) and then mockingly dared you by saying "What are you going to do, spank me?"

6a.) If 18-20 year old does something bad, and you say, "you need a spanking" or something a long those line, and he mockingly responds by saying "I dare you" or the like, what would you do?

7.) If your teen/20 year old is acting up, keeping in mind he/she hasnt been spanked for several years, and randomly comes up to you and quickly pulls down your sweat pants, and slaps you're butt 2 quick times or so on your panties, no doubt you'll be enraged, but how would you react? Would you spank him then? Or what...?

How

8.) Since you are moms and thus parents, obviously being 20 I wont even get punished again, let alone a threat of any sort.......Is there any way I can't get my mom to spank me, without her dismissing it, leaving me in total embarrassment and/or telling her friends(She prob wouldnt, but still), and/or telling dad (she prob would, but her would rather not)

--> Basically, is there anything you're 18-20 year old son/daughter could do or say to prompt such discipline?

*Note: Don't take this all the wrong way. I'm not perverted. I don't WANT to be spanked. But I KNOW I deserve it, I know deep down my mom knows it too, and has seen I was a young teen.......

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I agree with Kaytee... no one deserves to be spanked for punishment.

To answer your questions:

1.) If I was you're child, how would you punish and/or spank me if I was 10 or so
Time outs and revocation of priveledges.

2.) If I was you're child how would you punish/spank me between the ages of 13-18 if acted as such?
Revocation of priveledges.

3.) Would you punish/spank you're child even if he/she was 19-20 and in college, if you felt it was deserved? Even if you stopped spanking a decade go - how would you go about it (ie, she/he is much bigger now) if so?
No, I would hope my child is able to function as an adult at this point.

4.) If your teen ignored punishments as described, and you found out what would you do?
There are ways to prevent that.... remove the computer, etc.

What If.....

5.) If you're 19 or 20 year old teen in college ASKED directly, out of the blue, to spank him/her, what would you do? Honestly.....
LOL, I certainly wouldn't spank them. I would probably recommend seeing a counselor at that point. I personally do not see a 'spanking fetish' as wrong, but it would certainly bother me if a child was seeking it from a parent.

6.) If you're 20 year old did something bad (excessive swearing at you, slamming doors, etc) and then mockingly dared you by saying "What are you going to do, spank me?"
I would probably ask you to leave and come back later when we can speak as adults.

6a.) If 18-20 year old does something bad, and you say, "you need a spanking" or something a long those line, and he mockingly responds by saying "I dare you" or the like, what would you do?
I wouldn't say that.

7.) If your teen/20 year old is acting up, keeping in mind he/she hasnt been spanked for several years, and randomly comes up to you and quickly pulls down your sweat pants, and slaps you're butt 2 quick times or so on your panties, no doubt you'll be enraged, but how would you react? Would you spank him then? Or what...?
Huh?!

How

8.) Since you are moms and thus parents, obviously being 20 I wont even get punished again, let alone a threat of any sort.......Is there any way I can't get my mom to spank me, without her dismissing it, leaving me in total embarrassment and/or telling her friends(She prob wouldnt, but still), and/or telling dad (she prob would, but her would rather not)
I really would recommend seeking professional help on this issue.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
sophomoritis said:
I'm a teen/young adult (19 only a few months ago, but now 20). I'm a sophomore in a good university, doing well too, but still living under parents roof.

*Disclaimer: I do admit that I have a slight fetish since 13 or 14 of age for spanking, but PLAYFULLY. This plays an insignificant role in this topic, because I'm talking about punishment -- how I know this is because when my mom was still threatening me still at 16 (even though she stopped when i was 10) I of course didn't want it!

So please, read on. Skim through the background information as the questions stem from it (my personal experience), and please honestly answer the resulting questions, no matter how ridiculous some might seem. Also, this is not a debate about spanking, please stay on topic.....
------
Background

Temper: I was, and still am, overall a good kid. Great relations with parents, good student, good friend, etc. But when I lose my temper, I throw tempter tantrums - when I was 5 years old, but sadly still sometimes at 20 years old.

Tantrums: The usual things I got in trouble (punishable offences) were: Hitting (note: not PUNCHING, 'gentle' slap, but a slap nonetheless) my 2 years younger sister or mom, excessive swearing, slamming doors, playing very loud music, throwing stuff (books, blankets, etc), etc.....most of the time it was one or a few combinations, but occasionally it was everything: A proper temper tantrum. Sadly, I still act up with my parents in the same way occasionally - I'm not proud of it, I am indeed ashamed, and I know I do need to be punished (hence this post): Still living under their roof when I'm not in my dorm at college.

Punishment (Spanking): I was spanked until I was 10 years old or so, most of the time by my mom since my dad works - and still does - overseas. After chasing me around the house, she would finally catch me, and proceed to sit on me (sometimes thats all it was, to control me until I calmed down), however she would sometimes spank me while sitting on me. Always with hand, always over pants, and always using the "Dont you ever *smack* ever *smack...." method - so not excessive, and not many

--I just recently realized how easily I got off - most kids, it seems, obliged and not resited, and were spanked OTK, on either underwear or even bare, and given even more than I was......

Other Punishments (Physical): Mouth washed out with soap was common until age 10 too, while a slap on the face carried through - hardly ever - and now i can dodge it anyway (last 'attempt' to slap my face was prob when i was 18)

Other Punishments (Age 11-15): After the spanking stopped at age 10, other things became more prevalent: Grounding and/or loss of privilege (No TV and/or Computer, and/or Internet, and/or Video Games etc) for 1-3 weeks

Other Punishments (Age 16-20): By age 16 or so, I just ignored my punishment when mom wasn't around - when she was at work, for example, and sneak on the internet or watch tv. By age 17/17.5 I would simply disregard any punishment leveled at me without caring if she knew or not -- and by 17.5/18, she basically stopped, despite still being a brat throwing tantrums occasionally.

When I was 16, my sister just turned 15, we were in the car and we acted up - I 'hit' her as we just got home. When I got out of the car, mom was was like "I'm gonna smack you're bottom if you continue" - most recent, and last ever threat I received about that

Currently: My younger sister is 18, and a Freshman in college. She's just as bratty, but in a more sassy, whiny way. Same punishment detailed applied to her. Over winter break, she was acting up and I was in my room, my sister was in her room sulking - I over heard my mom in the kitchen tell my dad "What she needs is a good spanking", he agreed -- obviously didn't carry though, and hasn't done since we we're 10, but her thought was there.....keep that in mind.....

With all that said, I have questions - some hypothetical, of which some I would never do but just wondering - so please, answer them all honestly and fully, and then add any comment you want. Just please answer the questions. Thanks:

How you would punish:

What If.....

How

--> Basically, is there anything you're 18-20 year old son/daughter could do or say to prompt such discipline?

*Note: Don't take this all the wrong way. I'm not perverted. I don't WANT to be spanked. But I KNOW I deserve it, I know deep down my mom knows it too, and has seen I was a young teen.......
I think your mom needs a serious lesson called PARENTING. No offense to you, but if she needs to spank her 20 year old child (ie you) there is something wrong on both ends. A) you're an adult and that is called harassment, B) you don't spank children who are adults! Let alone kids in the first place.

Theres is something wierd about this whole thing in my eyes.....

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I personally think it is ABUSE to spank a grown child. I've seen it as a child (my dad chasing my sister around the house) and it was horrifying and traumatic. That's all I have to say about that. Thanks for the flashback.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
LMAO who spanks a grown child?!?!?!?!? like i said before there are problems on both sides (but mainly the parent) if they are spanking their grown child!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Lol... wow, I'm sorry. Okay, your mom has GOT to be just joking. I just turned 21 on April 11th. (woo!) I have a child of my own, 7 months old. Boy would I be screwed if my mom still had to spank me because I was still acting like a little kid. Even at age 13 or 14, if my mom talked about spanking me, I would just laugh and we would joke about it. If my mom spanked me now, or any time since I was that age (and we were in a fight and not just goofing off), it would happen and then we would probably just look at eachother and it would be all awkward. I'd probably just look at her like "why did you just touch my butt?" lol. And one of us would probably start laughing.

It doesn't matter though, because after a certain age, I just learned to be respectful to my parents, no matter what. As you become more mature, you realize how you are supposed to treat your parents and you act like an adult. I lived with my mom for about a year between age 19-20 and I never treat either of my parents with anything but the highest level of respect. I owe a lot to them, they've done more for me than I could ever do for them in my whole lifetime. I would be embarassed of myself if I threw tantrums or acted so childishly that I could imagine my parents spanking me. My mom hasn't (and hasn't NEEDED to) grounded me even since I was probably less than 18.

When I lived there, I was another adult living under the same roof, although still with love one of my parents' children, I was not another one of the children in the house. However they still had rules and I did follow them, or those of which applied to me atleast. My parents didn't worry about me because I was always considerate in everything I did. If I ever did anything wrong or something my parents didn't agree with, we sat down and talked it out. I always apologized and tried my hardest to make it better. I have friends my age and younger and their family works the same way. It's not uncommon.

I'm sorry, this thread is weird. I don't mean to be rude, but you need to treat your parents with respect and grow up to be the adult they've been trying their whole lives to turn you into. You can't act like that in the real world, and none of those people even did anything for you. Your parents DESERVE to have you behave. They shouldn't have to punish you. You should know better. Act up and do your own thing when you're away or with your friends or at college. Give the little time they have with you at home the chance to be a nice and respectful atmosphere. Gosh.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
meow 173: I know right!!! Lol. Geez. Your little boy is gorgeous by the way. <3

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but when I went through and actually answered the questions it seemed as this 20 year old person is looking for a way to get their parent to spank them... disturbing to me.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
My mom would probably spank me if I asked her to. Or maybe she would just look at me funny. o_O

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio

What If.....

How

My children are 22, 18 and 15....none of them have ever been spanked, nor will they ever be, by me...what they do in their adult life, with another adult is up to them. :D

As far as temper tantrums go, we put an end to those by no later than age 5 with all three of them,so I have no idea how I would punish a tantrum by a child of an older age, other than the fact it would NOT be by spanking. An adult over the age of 18 would not be punished by me in any way, except to be asked to leave my home if the tantrums/rages were occurring on a regular basis. Adults need to be able to control THEMSELVES, not rely on intervention from their parents....otherwise, they are going to find themselves dealing with intervention from the authorities at some point.

When/if my teens have ignored punishments, then the supervision of them increases, and the punishment doubles because of their disrespect.

As for your obsession with spanking....find another person who shares your fetish, and enjoy yourself, or get some counseling. Either way, leave your mother out of it!!!