Quality time with my son?...

josie

Mar 28, 2008
My two daughters will be out tonight at sleepovers. My son has been going through a rough patch recently beause he misses his dad who works away for long periods. I was wondering what I could do tonight to give him a nice time to make him feel better? Any suggestions?

He's 7 by the way.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
what about homemade pizzas, let him top it himself and cook together. Then maybe settle in on the couch for a movie and some ice cream or something. Maybe a board game or teach him to play a card game or something

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
fallon said:
what about homemade pizzas, let him top it himself and cook together. Then maybe settle in on the couch for a movie and some ice cream or something. Maybe a board game or teach him to play a card game or something

I was thinking along these lines. :) Special one-on-one time at home would be nice, or if funds permit, take him out to eat and/or go to a movie. Ask him what he'd like to do.

mandrsmom

PF Regular
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I don't know where you are from, but go to the park, and stop for ice cream or his favorite treat. Is there anything he has wanted to do, but you haven't had the time? Such as putt-putt, go carts, bowling? Also love the idea of a night in, with mini pizza's. My girls love to cook.

Jul 1, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
How about building a fort together (out of blankets and whatever else you can find around the house) then eating some pizza or popcorn in there. Maybe you could make it in front of the TV and watch a movie too (from the "window," of course!)