Quitting smoking?...

Andrea Brown

Jan 5, 2012
My husband was a smoker and quit when we were expecting our first.

He started quitting by designating areas where he refused to smoke any longer. He started by quitting while in our home. Then he quit when he was at home, inside or out. Afterwards, it was a restaurants and then coffee shops. Finally, he quit at work and that was the biggie. It was an interesting strategy.

Best wishes!

MinnDad714

Feb 5, 2012
Minnesota
DFWRusty said:
Due to me being an expecting father, I want to quit smoking. I smoke on average a pack a day, some times less, sometims more. I have been smoking for about 3-4 years now (wish I never started). If I can either quit as a whole or atleast get down to where I only smoke on occasion or 1 a day or less I would be thrilled!

Has anyone else tried quitting smoking? If so, what did you do?
Congrats on both being a father and deciding to quit. I wish my will power were as strong as yours. When my daughter was born, I cut back a lot - and only smoked outside of the home. It's since become a habit, and I wish I could tell you that quitting cold turkey works, but it hasn't.

I just want you to remember: just because you might fail the first time doesn't mean you're a bad dad. You're attempting to do something good - give yourself credit for it. :)

Amazing how being a dad reshuffles one's priority, though, huh?