Raising newborn separated

jordanltr

Jan 30, 2022
So i had this friend. Im 23 shes 27. We’d link up at concerts every now and then but never hungout outside of music events, didnt even really talk. Come September ‘21, we meet up at another show, this time both single. We end up hooking up casually on 3 separate occasions in September/October. Come late October, were no longer even talking anymore. After not talking for a few weeks, she reaches out to me saying we need to talk. Now she’s pregnant, claims its mine, and is keeping it. Ive taken her to her appointments, seen the ultrasounds and all that. The timing makes sense, but of course i think it only makes sense to get a paternity test when the baby comes. For now lets just assume its mine (which i think it most likely is). Weve decided were not going to try to make things work between us, just co-parent instead. Problem is she lives 45 miles away, doesnt have a car, license, doesn’t even know how to drive. The distance is not going to work, one of us is definitely going to have to move closer. Once all that is figured out, im still trying to fathom how raising a newborn is possible separately. The baby is due in June. How, both being single parents, are we going to be able to work full-time and raise a newborn? Obviously we’ll have to take some time off when the baby is first born, but eventually were going to have to go back. Im just playing out so many scenarios in my head and having the hardest time seeing how this is going to work. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Reactions: bibimbap

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
Does she have a job? If she does, how does she get to it without a license or the ability to drive?