Real teaching teenagers about abduction risks...

aurays

PF Regular
Jan 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

Just came across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jMhMVEjEQg
Parents are teaching their kids the dangers of social media through a very real prank.

What do you think about using something like this to make your kids aware of child abduction risks?

Please share your thoughts :v_SPIN:

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I think the last one with the van was a bit much. Obviously this has more to do with the parents not teaching their kids about stranger dangers. White vans are stereotypically the vehicle choice of peds.
And why are parents going to sleep before their teens and not giving them strict bedtimes? I couldn't even listen to my music on my headphones before my mom would burst in my room and tell me to go to sleep. Apparently she could hear when I turned pages in my book.

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
I think it's overdone. There are many ways to teach your teen the dangers of life, this isn't one of them. I agree though that teens need to be made aware of the dangers of getting comfy with strangers on the internet.

BellaBabyBoutiq

Sep 1, 2015
Virginia Beach
I think my 12 year old was extremely interested to see those videos. He realized just how real it is to get abducted. Due to all his usage when I cannot monitor him say if I am at work or if he is using his computer in his room where I cannot see what he is doing, he needs to understand that strangers can pose as friends, that he can be abducted if he trusts strangers at the door and that he can protect himself by not giving out information about himself, his age, where we live, etc. I think kids need to know the truth so they can protect themselves. Kids need to be taught what to do if certain situations do happen. This way they have the best chance to survive if something did happen.