Really really single mom...

bingo296

Aug 16, 2012
I dont really have a question. I'm new here and just looking for support. I am the only person (other than many therapists and doctors) in my sons life. His father passed, my parents are passed, his fathers parents are passed. I dont have anyone to talk to. My son has complicated health issues so we moved from pennsylvania to boston to be closer to the childrens hospital boston and the perkins school for the blind. My son doesnt sleep more than 6-7 hours a day. that includes naps and nighttime. It is all very broken sleep, like a half hour sleep half hour awake. Subsequently its causing me heart problems. I now have ventricular tachycardia which will require surgery. But i have no one to look after my son. Im so at a loss. Doing everything alone is literally killing me. What do you do in this situation?

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
If you happen to attend a church of any kind, you might try reaching out to them for some assistance during your surgery or just in general.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I am trying to do a little research for you. Would be helpful to know a general location.

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
If it's possible, look for some parenting support group in your local area. Meeting other parents on a regular basis can get you some real significant support, make new friends and create a support network, babysit each other's children, etc.
Usually, they can be found in every major city.