Recipies...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
So here's my recipie that our family loves.

Tatertot casserole

Ingredients:

1lb hamburger meat
cream of mushroom soup
can of corn
tatertots

Lay the ground beef at the bottom of a casserole dish

drain corn, and pour the corn on top of the meat

put cream of mushroom soup on top of the corn and smear it all around until it covers everything

place tatertots over the top leaving no spaces

Bake at 370 for 50 minutes - done!

Who else has something easy to make?

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I only make things that come in a box or a bag. I'm a terrible cook. Baking is a different story. Pancakes from scratch are super yummy!!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I like to make Shepards pie alot.
Almost the same as your tator tot casserole.
Hamburger meat with gravy (I use fat free)
a bag of mixed veggies in the middle
a tope layer of mashpotatoes (even instant can work)
you pour remainder of gravy on top
and you can sprinkle with grated cheese if you like.
It's so damn good.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
My family LOVES meatloaf pizza. It is just browned ground hamburger mixed with reduced fat cheese, and spread on a 15X9X1 pan then topped with whatever cheeses and veggies you like. Then bake it for a while around 350 degrees. You have to eat it like casserole, not pizza, but it is really yummy and mostly vegetables.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
oK i THOUGHT OF SOMETHING EASY i MAKE.

Chiliquitas

You can make it with ground beef or canned chicken.

I make the one with ground beef with red sauce, then chicken with green.

So on the stove in a med size pan cook green chili(sauce, diced, both) with canned chicken untill hot and well mixed together then cut white/yellow corn tortillas into triangles and stir in to chicken and sauce concoction.

It's like stove top enciladas.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
If I have guests during the summer, I make a quick appetizer: Slice some tomatoes about 1/4-inch wide and lay them on a plate. Sprinkle them with feta, salt, pepper, and dried basil; and then drizzle with olive oil. They taste better if they have been sitting around for more than an hour, so it's great to make ahead of time and not worry about. You can also serve with or on top of sliced French bread for a quick bruschetta-type thing.

For a meal that is quick to make but looks great: Preheat the oven to 450. Take a whole roasting chicken and stuff cherve under the skin. Salt and pepper it inside and out. Put it in a roasting pan and place cut up Yukon Gold potatoes and chopped carrots around the chicken. Roast until done (about 50 to 60 minutes), then remove and let rest for 10-15 minutes. It is a fast and tasty nearly-complete meal (I usually serve it with another vegetable) and pretty hard to mess up.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I'm still digging through my box trying to find my Mexican Lasagna recipe, but in the meantime, I thought I'd post this one. It's not "super easy" but it's worth the extra lil bit of hassle to make. They are awesome. (Might I also add that I am an addict for Mexican food?)

Beef Chimichangas

-filling-
1lb ground beef
1/2 chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
4tsp flour
Brown beef, onion, and garlic until meat is done. Drain and add flour; stir.

1 can whole corn, drained
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomatoes, cut up
2 tbsp chili powder
Stir all these ingredients together into the meat mixture. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.

8 - 10" flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes to soften. (When you're ready to fill tortillas, only remove half at a time)

Spoon about 1/3 cup filling in the center of each tortilla, then about 2 tbsp of cheese. Fold the tortilla envelope style. Bring each end up and secure with a toothpick.

In heavy skillet, heat 1" oil to 375. Place the tortillas in the oil FOLD SIDE DOWN (very important). Fry each filled tortilla about 1 minute on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.

Top with sour cream, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, whatever your favorite topper is.

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
i am an awesome cook. i can do wild things with eggs especially. and the great thing is? i have no idea how i do it. i do not follow recipes. my eggs are like snowflakes, they are never the same. i just toss spices and stuff into it, scramble em up nice and good, sometimes add ham or bacon, and serve. awesome... now... i also made a really badass backed chicken dish the one night, tho i forget how i did it..... also, quick cookin tip for the box cookers. when doing a tuna helper casserole, toss in a can of peas towards the end of the cooking cycle and mix it all up. yummies. made that tuesday night, tween the two of us we both polished the whole damn box off LOL

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
You know what one of my family's favorite things to eat? Whyteknyght reminded me with the peas. Quick easy tuna casserole. Normally I bake it, but if I'm in a hurry, I just throw macaroni and cheese, cream of mushroom, a tad of milk, tuna, corn and peas together in a pan, and voila! Dinner is served.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Exactly, whyte! Stove top tuna casserole is a huge hit here. When I bake it, I put corn flakes on it. Sounds so wierd, probably, but that's how I was raised to eat it!

Hmmm....now I am seriously craving some tuna casserole. I might make it tonight.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I love to cook but mostly it just comes out of my head at the moment...I make a super easy potato salad though

redskin potatoes, bacon, onions, hard boiled eggs, and sour cream. I season it wilth dill and salt and peppper...It's soooo good

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Amber said:
Exactly, whyte! Stove top tuna casserole is a huge hit here. When I bake it, I put corn flakes on it. Sounds so wierd, probably, but that's how I was raised to eat it!

Hmmm....now I am seriously craving some tuna casserole. I might make it tonight.
I put potato chips on top. Lay's the wavy kind.

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
ever try french's french fried onions? in the paper cans? they are good on almost anything. hell i eat them right out of the can! yep, gooood eatin. we put them on chickin tits and baked em in the oven and it actually was a reaallll good acccessory.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
WHYTEKNYGHT2003 said:
ever try french's french fried onions? in the paper cans? they are good on almost anything. hell i eat them right out of the can! yep, gooood eatin. we put them on chickin tits and baked em in the oven and it actually was a reaallll good acccessory.

:biglaugh: I have never heard anyone call 'em chicken tits. (I know, I'm easily amused)

I've not tried it, but I bet they'd work just as good.

Fallon, the way you make it, is that what's considered German Potato Salad? I've never tried it, but it sounds really good.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Amber said:
:biglaugh: I have never heard anyone call 'em chicken tits. (I know, I'm easily amused)

I've not tried it, but I bet they'd work just as good.

Fallon, the way you make it, is that what's considered German Potato Salad? I've never tried it, but it sounds really good.
I don't know...I just know it tastes great :) . This is one time thAT wouldn't recommend going with a reduced fat sour cream though, it seems to be too thin all though I have found in a pinch If add abit of olive oil it will come ok pretty good