Reciprocal obligation - Christmas...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol, yes I suppose in his first comment he said that, but he did say in his last comment when he explained what he meant.

And I know I look nice today, don't you love my cute little sweat pants!!??

Rhian

PF Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2007
UK
I don't think someone <I>must</I> reciprocate, but this woman evidently believes she must and I can understand why. I've been dirt poor in my life, and I remember how badly I felt when people helped us and we had no way of returning the gesture.

That's not to say you shouldn't have got her kids some Christmas presents. I just think you should give the presents to the kids, accept and thank her for whatever it is that she gives you in return and leave it at that. Evidently it's important for her to reciprocate.

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
so... oh my god.

It turns out that it was a little from column a, a little from column b...

...by which I mean to say that we didn't incur (much) costs on her but now we're in HER debt... the present she _made_ is so cool.

She made our 2 yr old THE most adorable Little Indian dress, complete with a little headband and feather, and she made our 4 yr old son a little cowboy costume with hat, badge, vest and chaps (made, apparently, out of leftovers from this one time she made a pair of leopard-print tearaway stripper pants for this time her brother's friend had a 3 month stint as a male stripper... there you go)...

and THAT's not the best bit.

The best bit is that she _made it all herself_... even her daughter stayed up to 2am painting beautiful bright colours on the headband... and THAT's not the best bit. She ALSO included [made] a TEEPEE!!!!

It's fully 4 feet tall, with a flap door and flap window and 6 broomsticks sticking out the top... and, this is the best bit, she made it ALL with stuff she had lying around the house (they bought the broomsticks and some ribbon apparently).

All we got their kids was juggling sticks, candles and earrings.

Merry Christmas everyone - our kids are ensconsed in front of their new Lunar Jim video. I hope you have [had??] a good christmas.

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
FooserX said:
You know Evil, I can buy that Austrailia has a lower murder rate because guns are banned.

But I'm not sure that I can buy all of Austrailia somehow being more kind and grateful than American when it comes to accepting gifts. lol

Do you speak for everyone down under? Are there some facts to back up this claim?
ha.

facts?

facts schmacts.

The closest I can get to facts is that I asked my wife about it... and she agreed. It's just not Done. For instance, it's not normal to include the reciept

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
evilbrent said:
The closest I can get to facts is that I asked my wife about it... and she agreed. It's just not Done. For instance, it's not normal to include the reciept

Well it's not normal here either.

Sometimes I wish it where though.

*looks at a pair of snowmen salt &amp; pepper shakers he just got*

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
no gifts really for me. I bought Harry Potter last week as kinda a christmas present to myself. Everything is for the girl!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Kaytee said:
no gifts really for me. I bought Harry Potter last week as kinda a christmas present to myself. Everything is for the girl!

Aw....you didn't like my present? :-(

Did you exchange it? I put the receipt in the sack.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lmao, I sent yo ua pm, didn't I? how can I NOT like Orlando! Yummy! Do I need to be nice and return the favor with some Linzy?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
heres a nice boob shot!
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:zxrd9SY8-Q3M3M:http://cdn.davesdaily.com/pictures/572-lindsay-lohan-wardrobe-malfunction.jpg[/url]