refreshing all the time...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
The reason I have not been hangn out is I am constantly having to refresh here. Several times each time I link to a board or post. I click on a thread and it loads a little then locks up. Over and over again.

I am running Vista 64 bit On a intel quad w/6 gig ram. I have the same problem (only less frequently) a couple of other places but its the norm @ PF. I havent left I just dont spend as much time here. If anyone was curious.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Well, i'm not having any problems which makes me think maybe it's your computer, or the server in which your computer is on. But maybe other people are having problems here and i'm just special.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Originally thats what I thought. It started before I bought this computer but worsened after. It has been happening for quite awhile. Gmail gives me simiular problems. But Facebook, Mobsters, goggle, deal news and alot of other sites I frequent do not.

Since you all are saying your not haveing problems. I am thinking server since its the only constant since the problem presented itself.

Its not a local server its Qwest. I hate talking tech to them on the phone with them.

Would it be possible for this to be a modem or router problem? I would guess that will be the first thing Qwest will say.

clicking "compatibility view" helps One time then back to same old,same old

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
well, it might help and it it might not.
but have you asked the isp to zap your modem?
ours is through our cable. when there's a problem, they usually have to zap it and reset the whole thing.
could be the modem or the isp or router or a combo.
has the isp been working on any of their equipment around the time the problem started? they may have screwed something up if they were.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Since you said it was happening on another computer also, then I would say it is definitely isp or modem related. Try rebooting your modem first and then try calling your isp. Be sure to tell them it was happening on more than one computer so you can skip all the BS steps they have you do to see if its your comp.

cg stephen

Support Team
Feb 15, 2008
bssage said:
The reason I have not been hangn out is I am constantly having to refresh here. Several times each time I link to a board or post. I click on a thread and it loads a little then locks up. Over and over again.

I am running Vista 64 bit On a intel quad w/6 gig ram. I have the same problem (only less frequently) a couple of other places but its the norm @ PF. I havent left I just dont spend as much time here. If anyone was curious.

Hi there,

it might be worth checking the speed your getting on your broadband. if you search on yahoo.com for "speed test" you should find one that'll work for you, and will test how fast you're connected. if its not that great a speed, that might have something to do with the problem.

also, try different browsers. see if that helps any. let us know how it goes :)

susie