(relatively) HEALTHY, easy recipes.....

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
anybody have any to contribute?

Here's one we like:
sage and thyme (50-50 mix. 1Tbs each should be more than enough for a large family. I mix some and keep it on hand)
Chicken breasts
splash olive oil
cream of chix soup
mash potatoes

Sprinkle (not coat) chicken with herb mix. Cook on stovetop with a small splash of olive oil.
Heat Cream of Chix.
Place chix and potatoes on individual plates, pour soup over the top. YUM!

The cream of chix soup works as a lower fat sub for gravy and is pretty tasty..

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I do the same meal with chicken or pork chops. With the pork chops though I brown them on the stove with onions. Then put it in a baking dish with the cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup mix. Bake it till the pork chops are super soft!! It is yummy

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
my aunt did that one day with a slow cooker. The pork chops fall completely apart, but it's pretty tasty! Not big on the fungus, so we stick to the chix variety of soup! :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
This is one of my favorite crock pot recipes. I've also tried it without the lemon, and that's good, too!

Lemon Honey Chicken

1 lemon
1 whole roasting chicken, rinsed
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup honey

1. Pierce lemon with fork. Place in chicken cavity. Place chicken in slow cooker.

2. Combine orange juice and honey. Pour over chicken.

3. Cover. Cook on Low 8 hrs.. Remove lemon and squeeze over chicken.

4. Carve chicken and serve.

VERY easy to make and <I>delicious</I>!

Taken from <U>Fix It and Forget It</U> page 181.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My mother took us to a buffet today and my kids ate crazy and they are so sick. Poor things. We are so used to eating healthy. I feel bad. :(

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
musicmom said:
My mother took us to a buffet today and my kids ate crazy and they are so sick. Poor things. We are so used to eating healthy. I feel bad. :(

What did they eat? Don't feel too badly. Look at it as a valuable real life lesson. They will associate eating these unhealthy foods with being sick and will (hopefully) limit or avoid them in the future.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Trina said:
What did they eat? Don't feel too badly. Look at it as a valuable real life lesson. They will associate eating these unhealthy foods with being sick and will (hopefully) limit or avoid them in the future.
Fried chicken, roll, mac n cheese, soup, croutons, steak, cake, pudding, ice cream, cookies, ribs...probably others stuff but that's on the top of my head.
Yea I don't see them eating like that again. It looked like fun at first glance but it made them so sick. Makes you realize how good you actually eat after eating like that.:embarrassed:

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Subscribing because I love to eat, and will contribute some of mine (reletively healthy)

Great and simple fruit dip...Sour cream sweetened with brown sugar (just sweeten to taste)...really really good.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Music-dad said:
Subscribing because I love to eat, and will contribute some of mine (reletively healthy)

Great and simple fruit dip...Sour cream sweetened with brown sugar (just sweeten to taste)...really really good.
?<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Great nacho dip...if this gets put out in front of my family, I warn you to stay back, it might get a little crazy.

1 brick of philly cream cheese (light works too).
Equal amount of sour cream.
Blend until mixed.

Smooth over the bottom of serving dish.

Add a layer of "Presidents Choice Mild Salsa". (important)

Top it off with shredded mozzerella, and cheddar cheese.

optional: cut olives.

Serve cold, or warm until cheese melts.

Serve with nacho chips.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
musicmom said:
That doesn't sound so good. Do you mean cream cheese?
Nope, sour cream...it sounds crazy, I know...but it is awesome!...try it some time, guaranteed to surprize.

Next time you have some sour cream in your fridge, just make a teeny bit and dip an apple slice in it.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
If I even think about this, I have to make it....guess what I'm havin for dinner.

This is Club House Greek Marinade.

Cut Steak into small bite sized cubes and marinade for 30 mins+, cook stovetop, add any extra marinate to the pan. Cook, and serve on rice with whatever else you want.

I do it on the BBQ too, either as shish kabobs, or I just cook it in a tin foil plate.

***NOTE: add one capfull of lemon juice to marinade mixture***

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I've made the sour cream and brown sugar dip. Great with a fresh fruit tray!

I've made a chip dip with cream cheese and salsa. Yum!