Religion at Daycare...

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
(i am not aiming to offend or saying my opinion is any form of fact, as previously mentioned it is just an opinion) it is like if i said to you "unless you believe in santa for your entire adult life you will be missing out on something" do you believe in Santa? why not? that is the same reason i cannot believe in God/Allah/Buddha/whatever... i accept religion and accept it has a place in this world i just cant conform to it. i feel this is something my children should be able to decide for themselves when the time is right and when they are old enough to understand more about it.

this was a long post LOL it is not antagonistic though, i just had a few things to say. but as previously mentioned i respect each persons right to believe in whatever they like and i would never try to persuade you to do otherwise. thanks :)[/QUOTE]

I was raised in a religious household, went to parochial schools, went to church every Sunday, and was a firm believer. As a young adult, I explored other religions, but ultimately I spent most of my adult life (20 years) as a complete agnostic. However, when my child was born, I came back to religion.

I still struggle with doubts, but I firmly believe that it is essential that my child have a strong sense of faith, and I am trying to raise her in the religion I was raised in. I hope her faith is stronger than mine, and I will be truly sad if she chooses later in life not to follow a religion.

Even as an agnostic, I have been offended by anti-religion rhetoric, but I was not at all offended by anything you have said while I was a little bit offended by what Wilburn said.

dave

PF Regular
Jun 17, 2011
since your atheist i would imagine you want your child to hear everything the world throws at them and to make their own decision right?

dave

PF Regular
Jun 17, 2011
Ya unfortunately this WAS a case of someone taking matters into their own hands and trying to influence your child.

I raise my son christian, but I respect the rights of anyone and do not think a secular day care should be pushing this on your child.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
yes, when he is older and more able to understand i do want him introduced to different religions.

right now though i want to be consulted about things by child will be learning if they are at all controversial topics.

i am not really ant religion, no i don't believe or particularly agree with it but i think everyone has the right to do what they want to do so long as they aren't hurting anyone n the process.

benavidesj

Aug 25, 2011
Michigan
My two cents....

I think that the Day care center should be up front about it if they intend to teach religion while the children are there. But as some of you pointed out the center may not be aware of what one individual is doing so I would go back and talk to them again and give them your observation.

As far as some of the other comments regarding schools teaching religion.. I believe that she said it was a day care center which I would assume is not affiliated with a public school system at least to my knowledge. I thought most of them were private?

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
yes, your right most day care centres are privately owned so they can teach what they like really i just believe they should be up front about it.

RegalSin

Banned
Sep 3, 2011
Daycare and schools ( private and public ) do this without any regaurd. I remember this one kid was in a private school asking "Is the next song going to be english" and the teacher said "This one is also going to be in Russian".

That is basically what you are talking about. Private schools made for immigrants, and related religions to give them that home exprience.

In my city, their is tons of place for East Asian people ( Chinese, Korean, etc ), Latino ( spanish ) people, Russian, and even English ( Britanian ) people.

They do this since they are allowed to, and get good grades from it.