Reputation question...

Michele&Angie

PF Regular
Jun 3, 2010
Cowichan Valley, BC Canada
Ok so it asks why that post you want to give point to is good. I like to answer that, I feel like a teacher. ha ha
But I got a few reputation points now, where do I find the reason people decided my post deserves it. ???? Curious George wants to know! :wideeyed:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yep, what he said!! :p

Then just scroll down and it will show any negative or positive rep you have received and if the user provided a reason (its optional, so some may be blank) it will be to the right. Positive rep will be a green box, negative will be a red box, and I believe a gray box indicates either type of rep that was given by a user with no rep power (meaning it has no affect on your score).

Feel free to say what you want in the rep box! Its fun. :) I always just say something like "That's so nice!" or "Great advice!" lol or something simple like that.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I don't think that you'll actually give any points while at 0. I believe that the rep power is the numb of points that you can give. As people give you rep and you earn it based on time and posts that numb will increase quickly. I think anyway. I have been AWOL for a while.

-Phil

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Phil is right. If you have 0 rep power, when you give someone rep, they will still see the message you have for them reguarding their post but you will not effect their reputation score at all until you have rep power. If you have given anyone rep, it will show up in that section and they will see your message but the little square will be gray since you don't have rep power yet. BUT that's only cause you're brand new, I promise it takes no time at all. You'll have rep power before you know it. :) I think its almost all based on how much rep other people give you. So basically you can still give people rep and compliments or criticism but you can't change their score number just yet. :)

Michele&Angie

PF Regular
Jun 3, 2010
Cowichan Valley, BC Canada
Cool. This is like a game. I gave a few comments but I thought they would have gone to the owner of the site or something. he he
So if you got one of my comments, it will look like a report card from the teacher. lol