Right or Left...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
DH and I are both right handed and so is ODS. Not sure about the baby yet, but I imagine he's a righty too. :) It's a good thing too, the world is set up for right handed people. I feel bad for lefties!!

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
- Amber is right handed
- I write with my right hand, but I do pretty much everything else left handed
As for the kids:
- Megan is right handed.
- Dylan is left handed
- Dane is right but bats left
- Cassie is right handed but is apparently trying to "train" her left hand for some reason
- Jon is right handed
- Kaitlyn is left handed
- Billy is right handed

So our family is pretty even for the most part. I think it's cool to be left handed, I'm not sure why...I just do.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
My grandma was a leftie and I had always hoped one of mine would be. My last hope was Kailyn and I am fairly certain she will be a righty also.

Cassie has it right. I can write with both my left and my right, I think I was just a bored child LOL and spent a lot of time practicing it. My printing is really good with my left and can come in handy sometimes.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
I'm one of 8. The 4 boys are lefties and the 4 girls are righties. We sat on opposite sides of the table at dinner so we didn't bump elbows.

My daughter is a rightie.

cyell

Nov 13, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm right handed and we haven't had babies yet, but my mother is left handed. She taught me how to write, and this resulted in me holding my pencil like a lefty in my right hand. I get the lefty marks all over the side of my hand, and use all my fingers. I've never seen anyone hold their pen like I do hahaha

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
MomoJA said:
I'm one of 8. The 4 boys are lefties and the 4 girls are righties.
That is interesting!

We are all right handed. Hubby and I do a lot with our left hands though. I shoot pool and play guitar (loosely speaking since I don't really do either) left handed. I broke my right wrist when I was 16. Had a bone graft and cast for a long time, so I learned to do a lot left handed. And now my right hand is weak. Ilo is favoring his left hand right now, but I know that can change. Luca favored his left when he was a baby as well, but he is right handed.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
We're all Righties, except for DS, who is a Leftie. He's the one with a knack for drawing. Go figure. Funny though, he uses scissors with his right hand.

GavinH

PF Enthusiast
Aug 22, 2011
Fort Mill, SC
As a leftie I can understand why he uses the scissors as a rightie .... the stupid things, unless built for a leftie, are awkward to hold.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I'm a rightie, DW is pretty ambidexterous but tends left. DS1 is left dominant for a lot of things but writes right handed (and no we didn't force or try to change how he learned it, we were very aware of trying to let him develope either way) and DS2 is pretty much all right handed, except I've noticed he uses that overhand curve approach typical of lefties, when holding writing utensils in his right hand....

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
GavinH said:
As a leftie I can understand why he uses the scissors as a rightie .... the stupid things, unless built for a leftie, are awkward to hold.
Gavin, I bought him Lefty scissors in preschool, but he still preferred to cut right handed. I didn't push him either way, but encouraged him to use whatever hand was more comfortable.

He started guitar lessons this year and decided he prefers a Lefty guitar. Ok, whatever. :)

Aylaissi

PF Regular
Nov 18, 2011
I am naturally left handed, however it was considered wrong in my household where everyone was right handed so I was forced to do everything right handed. Now even as an adult I do things with my right hand more in public because of it. My boyfriend is right handed, with a right handed mother, but left handed father. Should be interesting to see what our child will end up being.