'Riots' in the UK...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
There fucking mental!

They're in Tottenham, Croydon, Peckham, Crawley, Clapham, Ealing, Lewisham, Bethnal Green, EastHam, Enfield, Camden, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Nottingham!

Not only that but they have broken into London zoo and there is so far a Tiger on the loose!

Nottingham is fairly close to us and you can see the big cloud of smoke from where buildings etc have been set on fire.

What was pretty funny though last night they were showing rioters who had set fire to a line of terraced housing, and they were too stupid to realise that every single terraced house would burn down on the row so they were hasty removing their possessions from their own houses!

Quite exciting though!

IADad, I know the matches due to take place in Charlton and West Ham have been postponed, this must be the only time football has ever been called off for reasons that were not war or weather related.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
That first poster cracked me up! The second shows that people still do care.

What is all the hoop-la about?...keep it simple, my brain has been on slow motion.

I was in LA during the riots, just streets away really.... the ones set off by the whole Rodney King thing..gosh almost 20 years ago. Any ways, All I could think was how stupid are you? You are burning down your homes, your stores, your neighborhood parks. Who the hell are you making your point to? I mean if you are going to loot go loot where the good stuff is.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
mom2many said:
That first poster cracked me up! The second shows that people still do care.

What is all the hoop-la about?...keep it simple, my brain has been on slow motion.

I was in LA during the riots, just streets away really.... the ones set off by the whole Rodney King thing..gosh almost 20 years ago. Any ways, All I could think was how stupid are you? You are burning down your homes, your stores, your neighborhood parks. Who the hell are you making your point to? I mean if you are going to loot go loot where the good stuff is.
Last week a man was shot dead by police even though he did not pose a threat to them, they originally said he shot at them as a police officer had a bullet lodged in his radio, but upon inspection the bullet came from a police officers gun. On the night of his death his family walked the street as a tribute, sadly some idiots joined them who decided to smash things up, homes, cars, businesses and now they are looting. A man was shot in his car in Croydon and has now died.

So now riots are spreading around the country, it is no longer about the police's action, but simply gangs and idiots destroying whatever they can. At the moment pretty much the whole of London and greater London is being boarded up and tonight there will be 16,000 police officers in London alone!

The police aren't handling this at all, they are basically standing there and watching, normally before riots are even near this level they are using rubber bullets and water cannons. But Mr Cameron has cut the policing budget, nice little more there!

I guess the poster could be seen as funny if it was a joke.

This lady is ace

This is Croydon last night

Above this shop were over 20 residential flats, all with tenants, only one person was seen escaping when this fire started.

Last edited:

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
they're probably best to back off a bit, the police fighting back too much tends to keep them fighting. These kinds of riots mostly need to just run their course, sadly the thugs, just using it as an excuse to cause mayhem will cause damage to people's, their neighbor's lives for year.

and probably best not to have football going on in this environment.

Heard other riots have broken out in Brighton and Liverpool...simply stupid.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
It is now virtually every town and city in the UK, all businesses have shut down, public transport has shut down and some hospitals have had to shut because they are being attacked as well. Someone has set ambulances on fire at a children's hospital in London.

Riots in the UK have never stopped until police intervention, it has been left before and lasted nearly a fortnight with a high casualty rate, it isn't worth risking peoples lives. The police force would also be breaking their legal duty, to duty of care if they do not act upon these riots, which would effectively shut our policing system down.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
It is horrible cause when it is all said and done they are going to have no where to shop, no where to buy clothes and it only hurts themselves, as those in the LA riot's had to learn the hard way.

Why it's happening there is pretty much why it happend in LA..hence the infamous words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

It looks like it is past police and probably needs military intervention...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
mom2many said:
It is horrible cause when it is all said and done they are going to have no where to shop, no where to buy clothes and it only hurts themselves, as those in the LA riot's had to learn the hard way.

Why it's happening there is pretty much why it happend in LA..hence the infamous words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

It looks like it is past police and probably needs military intervention...
The IRA have started praising their actions now, riots were organised for Glasgow today but police found out and were able to stop them before it happened.

Most have been using blackberry messenger to organise riots, as they're internet texts they are all saved so blackberry can just pass on each persons details to the police, which is pretty good.

People have already started putting stolen goods on ebay as well, so they're having to take down any items placed on ebay if the account owner has an IP address associated with the rioting areas and then visit each address for proof of purchase, thats going to be an arse to do. As most of them are stupid they have been putting pictures on facebook/making status' about what they have stolen! One guy has been arrested for putting a picture of himself on facebook setting cars on fire!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
mom2many said:
but did they learn? This happens over and over again...the detroit riots, the Watts riots, the South Central riots, now this...and I'm sure I'm missing several...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
IADad said:
but did they learn? This happens over and over again...the detroit riots, the Watts riots, the South Central riots, now this...and I'm sure I'm missing several...

People like this never learn do they, yet when it is eventually over they will be expecting other people to rebuild their community.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
IADad said:
Yes, they learned that isn't the problem, the problem is that it is the next generation. They don't remember and let's face it, we can teach it in school but until the repercussions are felt first hand they don't understand it.

Jeremy+3 said:
People like this never learn do they, yet when it is eventually over they will be expecting other people to rebuild their community.
That's it exactly cause the small business's don't stand a chance to rebuild on their own, does their insurance policy even cover rioting KWIM? It's really sad that people loose their sense of decency when the whole mob mentality kicks in.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Not sure really, but the government has said that they will force all insurance companies pay out whether people are covered for public unrest or not.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
This is just so sad all you can do is shake your head and hope that it doesn't come to your town. It's just a shift of the wind before this sort of thing happens just about anywhere. It's unfathomable why people behave this way. I understand mob mentality. I don't really understand hooliganism, but i get it. But I can't understand how this can continue night after night when the rioters must see the damage that has been done to their own through their actions. The only thing that makes sense to me is that anarchist are behind it, instigating it. But maybe that's too simple. Maybe I just have to accept that there is just stupid evil out there.