Roaming thread?...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I wanted to see if this option may be available to PF users.

My kids rarely do fantastic things in front of the camera. Its more like they turn to ostriches and hide there faces. But they frequently do goofy or cute thing's and we always have our phones handy. We would also be able to post relevant pic's on current topics in real time.

Imho this feature would influence activity and participation in a positive way. Which may increase our membership base. Justifying it's use with a return on investment.

I see that the "Roaming thread" is a promoted feature on the Crowdgather home page. And checked it out at the "Roaming thread" web site. Cool, very, very cool.

<SIZE size="75">How to use Roaming Threads</SIZE>

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
The Icon has been lit up for a week. I tried to use going with the "roaming thread" tut at their website. I guess it still needs hotted up. Any feed back from the forum Gods??

mizfish

Apr 4, 2008
We have now enabled Roaming Threads for the Family Album sub-forum.

Also to answer some of your questions, to make a new thread you would use Roaming Thread. To send images from a mobile phone to a reply to an existing thread you would use Roaming Post. In the Roaming Thread option, in your initial images are edited to the first post, after that they will show up as new posts in the original thread. Please let me know if you any further questions. Thanks!

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Yeah. Thanks

You know the link on the thread to the Roaming tut has the first page in kinda a bubble. I originally thought that was all there was to it. I found out after I posted the questions that if I had scrolled down a little it went into more detail. I also see that older phones can use it. I'm still dinking around with it. But have it mostly figured out. Thanks a lot for you help. I may ask one other favor in a couple of days. We are currently discussing whether or not we should require a min post count to keep one time posters from posting obscene things. Have you been following this at other sites? Is that a problem?

mizfish

Apr 4, 2008
We have installed a plug-in called Cyb Advanced Permissions on PF to help with the spam. There is now a 5 post requirement for new members before they can create a new thread or embed a link or image. The only sub-forum where there is not a 5 post requirement is the "Introductions" sub-forum. There is still the 5 post requirement in that sub-forum to embed a link or image. Hopefully this will cut down on the one-time posters from posting obscene comments etc. Please let us know if we can do anything else.

Thanks,
Mizfish

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
you must have been typing this the same time I was sending you a pm. That sounds good. Thanks alot. You have been really great about the whole thing.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
mizfish said:
We have installed a plug-in called Cyb Advanced Permissions on PF to help with the spam. There is now a 5 post requirement for new members before they can create a new thread or embed a link or image. The only sub-forum where there is not a 5 post requirement is the "Introductions" sub-forum. There is still the 5 post requirement in that sub-forum to embed a link or image. Hopefully this will cut down on the one-time posters from posting obscene comments etc. Please let us know if we can do anything else.

Thanks,
Mizfish
That's awesome!