Safe and fun sites for kids aged 10 and under......

Aponder

PF Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2009
Daytona, Fl.
The title explains it. Post any websites that you'd recommend for other parents to steer their younger kids to. Ideally these links would be to totally free sites but, sites like www.webkins.com are acceptable if you note that they aren't free in your post.

I'll start it off with a few...

Noggin - It's like preschool on T.V.

Millsberry - Pretty addictive character building game

Discovery Kids - From the Discovery Channel... nuff said

Hot Wheels - Games for the kids that love those little cars

PBS Kids - I love this place

jayman

PF Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2008
Millsberry sounds interesting - I'll have to check that out with Liam.

NYPL's TumbleBooks - Great Site with Flash based books read by narrator. The words display on the page as the narrator reads.

free content - Liam watched the one about the Solar System a few dozen times. Not sure about Jr, but the regular one is $99 a year - which isn't to bad when you consider that's less than $10 a month. Oh, and they offer a free 5 day trial which is based on email account - no credit card required.

WordWorld - All I know is this show, this site, ROCKS! How they got the letters BEAR to look like a bear is amazing.

HIT Toys - Thomas, Bob the Builder, printable sheets, etc.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
Cool. and thanks. :)
ya'll have anything for first grade math? emmy aint doin' too well in that and her teacher doesn't believe in homework. aggravated smilie---> :(

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
thanks aponder. much appreciated. emmy doesn't do math well. has a C for this six weeks. and we have no clues to what to do. it doesn't help any that the teacher doesn't believe in homework.
tell me please: what teacher doesn't believe in homework? and just because everyone is so busy? isn't kids' education more important than that extra curricular activity or something??? makes no sense to me at all.....

Lisay

May 19, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;FONT font="Calibri"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Here’s a nice website beestar. It offers interesting math and reading exercises for elementary kids and some other programs like science, social and vocabulary. The exercise in beestar focuses on problem solving with many interesting pictures. Since they are online worksheets, she usually does the exercises as play games. By the way, the math program is free. The other programs are about 20$ per semester. &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']&lt;URL url="&lt;/s&gt;http://www.beestar.org/index.jsp&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/URL]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;[/FONT]&lt;br/&gt;
Lisa&lt;/r&gt;