Saying no...

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
My daughter's new favourite program is "Animal maternity". Consequently, I've lately had to say no to a lot of "Can we get an elephant? Can we get a lion? Can we get a cow? Can we get a horse? Can we get a tiger?

Well, my darling, I agree they're cute when they're babies... but no.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Outside of Kailyn asking for a tarantula, and a pet bat I don't get a lot of "can I have's"> I do get told "for my birthday I'd like.....".

I can say Kailyn did get that bat and tarantula, only they're plastic :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
We starting to shop for a new house...So far I've had to say "no" to getting a pool (unless we get a lot more for our current property than I think we will, and even then, they're pretty impractical here....

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
When we bought the house we are in now Dita was almost 5, the more memorable requests from her include "Can we buy a house with a barn and have pigs?" "Can we buy a house under the sea like Ariel?" "Can we buy a houseboat?" and "Can I have a trampoline in my bedroom? "

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Hahaha sometimes that works! Sometimes not. We had a mouse in our garage that my daughter wanted to keep as a pet. I said sure, if you can catch it. She did...

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
akmom said:
Hahaha sometimes that works! Sometimes not. We had a mouse in our garage that my daughter wanted to keep as a pet. I said sure, if you can catch it. She did...
LOL! :D So what happened to it? Did you let her keep it?