School, work... Too much time away from her?...

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Well. Since I have early release now I get out at 2:00ish from school. All Mondays Wednesdays, Thursdays, and every other Saturday I have work, on week days from 2:30 to 5:30 and my Saturday time varies. I'm worried that I've been spending too much time away from Lyric, she's in day care from 8 to 4, when my friend picks her up and and keeps her until 6. Am I doing something awful by being away from her this often?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
You do what you can, and do your best. Of course the ideal situation is that a parent gives all their time\energy to raising their children, but it not necessary that they do that for kids to grown up healthy and happy.

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
in the long run: what's best for your daughter? Is it best for you to get a good education?

What help will it be if you drop out and look after her 24 hours a day? Will you get as good a career? Will you buy as nice a house? Will you be able to support her as well as she deserves?

You're doing the right thing. Keep it up.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
You are doing the best you can. What you are doing by finishing school and working to save up for you and your daughter is wonderful. All the sacrifices you make now will benefit you in the future. In a perfect world the parent would stay home with the child, but that's not always possible. Think of it this way, she's still young and wont remember you always being away. Whenever she gets older she'll know your around. Just whenever you're out of school you'll have to find that balance.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I think what your doing is great. The majority of parents have jobs that are like yours and can't get to their children until six pm. Your days will free up a bit after high school.
I agree with everyone else that the benefits will be worth it. She's still little.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think right now you are doing what's best for your daughter. In the long run she will benifit from you finishing high school and the time you spent away from her will be worth it. Just the fact that you are doing everything in your power for now is wonderful

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I agree with everyone else...stay positive, and keep busting your ass to get a great education so that you can provide the best life for your daughter.

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Thanks for the encouragment everyone. You have no idea how much that helps. Juggling two AP classes, a job and a 17 month old daughter is definately not easy. I'm pretty much working my ass off day after day and it's really tiring. I know if I just stay posative and keep it together things will work out great, but it's just hard to find a way to look on the bright side sometimes. I actually stayed home from work and school today with Lyric because she's ill right now, and it seems like for the first time in three days she's sleeping. It's peaceful.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I had my daughter when I was in college. I had to spend a lot of time away from her, too - but in the long run it was SO much more worth it to spend the time away from her when she was little and didn't notice too much, to complete my education so that now I am able to actually support her. You are doing great. If you weren't a good parent you wouldn't be here, asking for help! It just shows that you care about her. From experience, I know how tough it is - hang in there. You are doing great.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Keep at it! :) I know how hard school and kids can be. My school schedule varies, but it often keeps me away for most of the day and I usually study after my kids are in bed.

I'm glad you had a peaceful day and hope she is feeling better soon.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
FooserX said:
Oh yeah - stay away from girls.

They will distract you and suck the life from you.
That's not true, just don't marry an immigrant! Find someone who will love you for you and not a green card.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That's not cold. You should never marry anyone with false hopes. You can not make sure someone is suited for you in that short of time. How can you get into their soul and really know them?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Fooser is a smart guy, and despite all of his so-called "<I>I hate my wife because she is pure evil</I>" posts (Which I don't take seriously), I doubt he couldn't have seen through a green card scam before he got married, let alone continued to be mislead for 2+ years by someone who didn't love him in the first place. He's just experiencing typical "<I>I've had it, I want a divorce</I>" frustrations that so many couples experience within the first couple years of marriage.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
musicmom said:
That's not cold. You should never marry anyone with false hopes. You can not make sure someone is suited for you in that short of time. How can you get into their soul and really know them?

I don't want in their soul I want in their pants. :spinny:

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Haha, well, I'm bound to stay away from relationships for a while. I don't have much more space in my schedule or my heart. So Lyric seems to have developed an interest in climbing... and she keeps falling down. It's so cute and so scary when she falls! Haha, I never thought I'd love her so much. I went into this dreading her birth. Now I don't know what I'd do without her.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You only will love her more and more each day you know her. I always tell my kids "I love you more today then I did yesturday" I wouldn't know what to do without mine.
I know what my purpose in life is....them.
I haven't been in a relationship for the same reason, no time and I like all the time with my kids alone. I don't like to share them :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
he.loves.her said:
Haha, well, I'm bound to stay away from relationships for a while. I don't have much more space in my schedule or my heart. So Lyric seems to have developed an interest in climbing... and she keeps falling down. It's so cute and so scary when she falls! Haha, I never thought I'd love her so much. I went into this dreading her birth. Now I don't know what I'd do without her.
you sound like a very strong young man. I have faith you will do what's best for your little girl :)