School's Out?...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Some of the earliest schools to end the school year around here are tomorrow.

DS's school ends 6/2.

When are your schools done?

Any continuing education plans for the summer (since this IS an "Education sub-forum...")

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
DD's last day is June 11th. Not sure what this summer will bring other than another baby...LOL we'll see what happens once we get past that but I usually have her do workbooks thought out the summer to keep her sharp

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
School gets out around here like June 8th or a few days after. Some private schools might be a little different though.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
all the kids get out around the same time down here depending on the district. emmy's was released may 28 w/graduation may 29th.

'course school starts again aug. ?25-28th? (the last week of august...)
daycare is the only continuing education we'll be doing unless its trips to the zoo, fish hatchery, etc.

Turtel

May 22, 2009
America
I think most schools are the same including in the UK yet another reason how that small country is able to influence the bigger America.

University periods also go from September to May-June in general with many country.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
My kids got out last week (hence why I have been absnet :) ). We have been spending a lot of time at the river, but today and yesterday was rainy so we couldn't go :(.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
My kids get out of school today (in about an hour) then Wednesday Dane is going to Auburn University for baseball camp; Thursday Dylan is going to Naval Academy for Football camp; Monday Billy is going to New York for Gymnastics camp; Tuesday Cassie is going to cheer camp in Georgia; and also on Tuesday Kaitlyn in going to Tennesse for music camp.

All will be gone for at least a week, Dane, Dylan, and Billy for two.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
How cool! They're all doing different things! I bet they love that.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
wow...busy kiddos. I think I'd go crazy with them all over like that...LOL It's great that they have that going for them though

Lynette

PF Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2009
Switzerland
Here school ends by July 3 and starts again 5 weeks later, but we will in be in Houston by the, where the kids will habe their first day at school on August 24. They are enrolled for twice a week in a YMCA day camp -that will help preventing me from getting totally insane during these long summer holidays.

Here we have only shorter holidays but the kids get a break every two month or so which I prefer... But given the climate in Texas and in many other places in the US it may be wise not to have school in summer.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Turtel said:
I think most schools are the same including in the UK yet another reason how that small country is able to influence the bigger America.

University periods also go from September to May-June in general with many country.
haha, actually looks to me like all the schools are getting out at different times. and his question was when your kids get out ;)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah Fallon, even different schools all in the same city I live in get out on all different days.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
Lynette said:
Here school ends by July 3 and starts again 5 weeks later, but we will in be in Houston by the, where the kids will habe their first day at school on August 24. They are enrolled for twice a week in a YMCA day camp -that will help preventing me from getting totally insane during these long summer holidays.

Here we have only shorter holidays but the kids get a break every two month or so which I prefer... But given the climate in Texas and in many other places in the US it may be wise not to have school in summer.

:) in Houston you should be just a short drive from Galveston depending on traffic. There's lots to do on the island and in Houston and always the beach ( a freebie). Just make sure to have lots of sunscreen, water, and maybe some towels. Even with clean up from Ike, you should be able to atleast get to the beaches.

Fo6, such a variety of camps would probably drive me nuts trying to remember the numbers in case of emergency. but its great your kids are busy and interested....
good to see the one with probs. getting to go to baseball camp after all.
Enjoy the free time. i know it will go pretty quickly.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
How cool! They're all doing different things! I bet they love that.
wow...busy kiddos. I think I'd go crazy with them all over like that...LOL It's great that they have that going for them though
Yes, very busy. Jon hasnt told us where he wants to go yet, or if he even wants to go anywhere. We signed him up for Lacrosse Camp also at Naval Academy but he's never been to camp before so he's a little scared. Luckly we dont have to pay until he actually gets there, I think he'll go, he just needs a little push.

He likes the idea and everything, just nervous.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Fo6 - I was wondering about Jonathan! But I figured maybe he wasn't into that kind of thing. Don't worry, I bet he'll come around. :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
it's to bad he couldn't join one of the other boys, that probably would have made him more confident about going away