Seeking info on Natl Young Leaders Conference...

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
Hi,
My DD has received a nomination to represent NC as a National Scholar at the National Young Leaders Conference in Washington DC. I'm trying to find out more about it, if anyone knows anything.

I have gone to their website; it looks legit. But it's pricey - out of our league. However, they have financial aid. If it's really a big deal, great experience, or if it will help you get into a good college, then we might want to apply for the financial aid.

If anyone knows anything about it, I'd appreciate the info.

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
Thanks, Fallon. We're very proud of her.

She did very well on the SAT. Since then she gets lots of college mail. And a few things like this one. We are amused by the college mail because she's only a sophomore.

Scoutmander

Oct 10, 2007
My son was elected as well (South Carolina). We tried to raise the money for him to go by contacting different businesses in the area and managed to raise half of it. I would have loved for him to go. Did your daughter get to attend? I agree, it's very pricey with hardly any scholarship money given. It seems that it's only available to people who have lots of $$$$. My son is a member of the Duke Talent Program which gets him a lot of invites to very cool things - but there again, everything costs so much money that the average person can't participate. It seems they want the money more than the mind (?). My son is also a sophmore this year.