Separation anxiety?...

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Ok, so I am mostly just making this thread out of curiosity and frustration I guess. Our son is about 7 and 1/2 months old, but he always seems to require constant attention/interaction when playing or else he'll just cry and fuss. We could have just fed him, his diaper is dry, and he's got toys and things to play with and entertain himself with, and he's fine if we are sitting in the same room or on the floor with him.. but if he watches you get up and walk out of the room.. or even to another room and he can still see you.. he'll sit there and cry while staring right at you... then hush/calm down when you come in and play with him.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't that we don't want to play with him, or that we don't play with him at all...we do all the time.. but sometimes you've just got to do other things.. dishes, laundry, etc... and it's so frustrating when he won't just calm down long enough for you to do those things lol.

Is this normal?

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Normal and around 20 months there will be another round. I always walk out of the room reassuring them that I will be right back. Int time they see that when I leave I will be back but that isn't a concept they have yet. it has to be learned.

cvolcan90

Jan 9, 2012
the child has a secure attachment because she has built a bond with you overtime. He feels protected when your around. He crys and fuss when you leave because he hasn't adapt to the environment to feel safe enough without you. when you return to the child he is happy because he knows that you secure him. you didn't just leave him by himself , you came back for him .He will soon understand that concept . yes it's normal because he only knows you and he's attached to you.