Sex Thread II: When did you start locking the door?...

Fatheredfive

PF Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2007
UT
Well, there's nothing quite like a sex thread to liven up the place. I asked why there were no sex threads here and it turns out it's because only Trina is gettin' some! Huh. Who knew?

And look how much we learned about each other? It turns out Michael is a sex columnist, PennQuaker's partner likes football more than, um, <I>other </I>sports, and Fooser...much, MUCH more than I wanted to know about Fooser.

For this thread, share your "busted!" moments. You know the ones: when you realized that parenting meant the end of spontaneous romps on the couch because some one walked in on you and a little voice said, "What are you doing?"

Ours was when Boy 12 was 4 or 5. I think we came home from church and the kids plopped down in front of the TV for a movie while Her Hotness and I went to change in the bedroom. It must have been the sermon. We only got half changed before falling into bed, forgetting all about the rest of the world. In the middle of our fling, Boy 4 toddled in and said, "Why are you wiggling on top of each other naked?"

We scrambled for covers, which was silly because he'd already seen all there was to see, and covered ourselves and said something lame that began with "when mommies and daddies love each other..."

That's when we started locking the door. When did you start?

This thread inspired by Galway Kinnell's After Making Love We Hear Footsteps. Here's an excerpt, but go read the whole thing. It's very sweet:
<FONT font="Arial"><SIZE size="125"> For I can snore like a bullhorn
or play loud music
or sit up talking with any reasonably sober Irishman
and Fergus will only sink deeper
into his dreamless sleep, which goes by all in one flash,
but let there be that heavy breathing
or a stifled come-cry anywhere in the house
and he will wrench himself awake
and make for it on the run
</SIZE>

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Lissa said:
I locked the door right after I got knocked up.
lol

I still don't lock the door...now I am going to start :)

we use to do it a lot in the morning and than I would always close the door now though it seems the only time is LONG after the kids are snoring away

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Yeah...we don't have a lock on the door.

Sex blows when you have kids. You can't be vocal or anything. It has to be all quiet and muffled. Not fun.

Maybe one day I will be able to take the gag out. *hopeful sigh*

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
My husband and I took to the loveseat one evening after putting our toddler down to sleep. After a while things got a little heavy and out of no where out comes our toddler mouth gaping open saying "Mommy? You okay???" followed by a "Daddy! Leave mommy alone!" All this we were looking for clothes and pillow and blankets to cover up. It was a bit embarrassing. But I'm glad that she's still young and hopefully/probably wont remember it.

We still don't lock the door whenever we do the dirty lol. It's more like if our daughter needs us we want to be there and not close her out. Plus, if she came out of her room and the door was locked I'm scared of what she could get in to.

Around the time she's 5 or 6 we might start locking the doors is my guess.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
<I>I asked why there were no sex threads here and it turns out it's because only Trina is gettin' some! Huh. Who knew? </I>

LOL!

We started locking the door as soon as our oldest transitioned out of his crib. Fortunately, neither child has ever walked in on us while we were doing the wild thing.

<I>Sex blows when you have kids. You can't be vocal or anything. It has to be all quiet and muffled. Not fun.</I>

Not true in our case. The DK's bedrooms are on the opposite end of the house. Our bedroom also has a 10-12 foot hallway inside the door. When we first looked at the house I thought this was strange, but it has it advantages. LOL!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol, I transitioned Nichole out of her crib at 15 months old. Might be a little to young to lock the doors.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
I've never locked the door. In our family, the rule is that a closed door means you knock and wait to be invited into the room. Any child who is old enough to be up walking around at night has already learned that rule, and had BETTER be following it. :) After almost 22 years of kids in the house, I've never had one of those moments yet.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My kids transitioned from the crib at about 2. We didn't keep our door locked all the time. Only when we were "busy". ;) We were still using monitors at the time, so we knew if the kids needed us.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol thats a good thing too! I agree, I have a problem shutting my door still. I'm sure as she gets older we will

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
FooserX said:
Yeah...we don't have a lock on the door.

Sex blows when you have kids. You can't be vocal or anything. It has to be all quiet and muffled. Not fun.

Maybe one day I will be able to take the gag out. *hopeful sigh*
:eek:

oh. wait... I read that again .... I thought you wrote "Maybe one day I will be able to bring the gag out again"

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
no need to put a lock on the door - sex is a natural thing isn't it? I mean... isn't it normal to walk in on your parents while mum's swinging from the roof-harness with dad standing behind her with a camera in his hand hollering out that she's a naughty girl??

or is that just me??

ah. actually, that was entirely made up.

We just use the magic of the Wiggles: I get up in the mornings, make the kids some toast, put a video on (I'm SUCH a good dad) and say "Will you guys be ok for a minute, Daddy's just going to go back to bed for a little while"... I figure that I don't normally get _any_ response so it's safe for at least a short while...

uh...

hmmmm. Honestly, this is an interesting subject, but... embarassing, even in front of _total_ strangers like yourselves... i mean, you're NEVER going to meet anyone who even knows where I live...

What I'm afraid is that one day the kid will walk in when... uh, how to put this... when mummy is giving daddy his favorite sort of present. If you know what I mean. Usually in the loungeroom.

Just sex I think is pretty tame. Even for an older kid that mostly just 'wrestling'. Kids think it's weird I suppose but that's not really an upsetting image. I'm worried that if my kids saw mum with my... and was putting it into her mouth... well... that goes against a lot of the messages we give our kids. For instance we tell our son a lot "You're the only one who's allowed to touch your penis. Not me, not mum, not even Ella. Ok. Nobody. The only time it's ok for someone to touch your penis is when you're sick."

... and then have to explain that there's _one_ more teensy little subclause to that rule... which you'll find out about, if you're a very lucky person, when you're older and married and your wife has had lots of backrubs and kind words said to her...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
and then have to explain that there's _one_ more teensy little subclause to that rule... which you'll find out about, if you're a very lucky person, when you're older and married and your wife has had lots of backrubs and kind words said to her...
lol

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Well, I'm locking the door, I saw more of my dad and stepmom than I EVER wanted to see.

And Fooser, you can get vocal if you've got the right house. Three words, master on main.