sexual freedom...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jtee said:
I understand you might not be OK with it, but I strongly believe a person's "sexuality" is innate, just like their natural hair or eye color. For me anything that is innate to a person as unique individual is not wrongbad. It just is.
People will argue about the morality of sexual perferences and behavior, and adopt beliefs that they feel are right for them. To me what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom (and doesn't involve children in adult sexual activities), is not morally wrong. I've know very conserative couples who firmly beleive sex between a man and woman should be in the missonary position only, and point to the bible as to why they feel other sexual activities are morally wrong. For them, that is what works, and I am OK with that, for them, but not everyone else.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Alright since nobody's responding, here I go.

I have been open and honest about how I feel about homosexuality. I feel it is immoral, however, I do not feel it is fair to judge another person. Having said that, my concern over your quote jtee is that so many people are accepting of what comes "naturally" to humans. If we were born that way, it's okay. At least, that's what society says now. The danger of it all is that by allowing this acceptance and freedom, we are opening a lot of doors.

Did you know that pedophiles claim to be born that way?

Did you know that people for beastiality claim to be born that way?

It's all natural. Everything is natural. So where do we draw the line? Where is our self control? We allow homosexuals to marry, it's only fair that people should be allowed to marry their pets, right? And pedofiles should be allowed to marry toddlers?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I totally agree with Jtee. And its what i've been wanting to say, but didn't want a lot of back lash. What people think is morally wrong is what they believe in. I have no issues with homosexuality/ bisexuality. Love is Love, and to be honest, to be its not morally wrong.

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
I think the big difference between homosexuality and pedophilia/bestiality is mutual consent, is it not? I think that is the part that determines right from wrong, not necessarily whether or not it is natural.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
You know how easily it would be for a government to change the laws of consent? And with animals, how can they even prove consent?

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I also noticed this sentence in his post:

Originally Posted by jtee
[/URL]
<I>I understand you might not be OK with it, but I strongly believe a person's "sexuality" is innate, just like their natural hair or eye color. For me anything that is innate to a person as unique individual is not wrongbad. It just is.
People will argue about the morality of sexual perferences and behavior, and adopt beliefs that they feel are right for them. To me what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom <U>(and doesn't involve children in adult sexual activities),</U> is not morally wrong. I've know very conserative couples who firmly beleive sex between a man and woman should be in the missonary position only, and point to the bible as to why they feel other sexual activities are morally wrong. For them, that is what works, and I am OK with that, for them, but not everyone else.
</I>

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Lissa said:
Alright since nobody's responding, here I go.

I have been open and honest about how I feel about homosexuality. I feel it is immoral, however, I do not feel it is fair to judge another person. Having said that, my concern over your quote jtee is that so many people are accepting of what comes "naturally" to humans. If we were born that way, it's okay. At least, that's what society says now. The danger of it all is that by allowing this acceptance and freedom, we are opening a lot of doors.

Did you know that pedophiles claim to be born that way?

Did you know that people for beastiality claim to be born that way?

It's all natural. Everything is natural. So where do we draw the line? Where is our self control? We allow homosexuals to marry, it's only fair that people should be allowed to marry their pets, right? And pedofiles should be allowed to marry toddlers?
I understand what you are saying, and i agree to a point. Yes it does open doors for people to say that, but what if, just for an instant, they are born with an abnormality, or born with something that DOES attract them to (dare i say it) children, or animals.
I don't know where they line will be drawn, but what i do know is that everyone has the right to sexuality. What i cannot wrap my own thoughts around is that you are attracted to females, yet you feel its immoral for said thoughts and the actions of others, but you do no judge them and you do not want someone to judge you on (and i'm jsut going to blurt it out, don't be offended) being a hypocrite.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I have to say this as I have been thinking this since it was brought up on the other thread. My heart kind of broke for you to live a life that you feel a certain way, yet feel you are morally wrong for feeling that way. Doesn't that tear you up inside?

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Lissa said:
You know how easily it would be for a government to change the laws of consent? And with animals, how can they even prove consent?
I am going to make a few statements here and then be done. Homosexuality is a very common thing among higher mammals, not just humans. Pedophilia and bestiality (or interspecies, as it may be) are NOT present in the animal kingdom whatsoever. So, that being said, it is safe to assume pedophilia and interspecies are illnesses, NOT natural urges, and I refuse to listen to the being compared.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
HappyMomma said:
I have to say this as I have been thinking this since it was brought up on the other thread. My heart kind of broke for you to live a life that you feel a certain way, yet feel you are morally wrong for feeling that way. Doesn't that tear you up inside?

No disrespect meant when I say this.....

I view that as any kind of "sin." A lot of people do things that they feel is "morally" wrong. Smoking may be the case for someone. Drugs may be another. Backbiting can be another example. Who's to say.

That being said, I don't feel homosexuality is something you are born with. I just don't. I can't believe the Bible and insist that homosexuality is genetics. It doesn't line up.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Amber said:
No disrespect meant when I say this.....

I view that as any kind of "sin." A lot of people do things that they feel is "morally" wrong. Smoking may be the case for someone. Drugs may be another. Backbiting can be another example. Who's to say.

That being said, I don't feel homosexuality is something you are born with. I just don't. I can't believe the Bible and insist that homosexuality is genetics. It doesn't line up.
None taken.

I guess we will have to respectfully disagree. ;)

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I've stayed in the shadows on this because I don't debate politics, religion, or sexuality.

People are raised to think certain things and there is nothing that I can do to sway them nor would I try to. I believe that people should do what ever they believe is right so long as it does not hurt others.