Shari Nielsen...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
this poster has 55 potss and has a website selling something in her siggy, are we allowing this?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I have sigs turned off. I'll turn them back on and post more thoughts in a bit

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Ideally we shouldn't have links to sites that are selling products or services.

In practice I look for links that are in direct or indirect competition with this forum. "Direct" would a link to a competing parenting forum. "Indirect" would be like a blog link that promotes other parenting forums (or has links to parenting forums).

Obvious since I have signatures turned off (it's a guy thing sorry :)) its not something I'm watching closely. I've kind of left that monitoring to you and Fallon because its your thing. Overall, I'll support what you think is right.

In the case of Shari her posts seem OK, but I have not read more than a handful.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Her posts are fine, but what is to stop others from coming on and spamming with their siggie since we deleted the links in posts.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I agree, it is a indirect way of spamming the site, and frequently I might add.

Kaytee, do you know what the policy is at other forums?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well at my other big forum, its soooo not accepted. Blogs are fine and thats about it. I even had to get permission to post my brothers blog. So they are very strict. Now if you want to put in a post a website you found, most likly that would be aloud as long as it was not seen as spam. Such as a regular poster putting something about Starfall.com
Its a pre-k site. that would be fine, but just to com eon and say check out my site, not approved

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
To me that is the way it should be, and I am 100% for it. Links need to be approved or maybe make it 200+ post count, thus proving themselves regular members of the forum. Spammers and scammers loving to play all kinds of tricks.