Should a 17 year old never be unsupervised?...

Would you allow your 17 year old son to be unsupevised at a friend's house?...

• No, never...

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes, occasionally...

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Yes, always...

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Lionheart

PF Regular
Mar 31, 2009
Your son seems totally reasonable in requesting that the rules be changed or lifted as he grows older, it's what my parents did to all my siblings and we respected them soo much more for not being like other parents who went too far in covering their 'angelic innocent <U><I>children</I></U>' (14-17 year olds) from the 'harsh real world'.
I ask, no i demand that you sit down with your teenager, and talk about it all in a heart-felt conversation. Father to son conversation. If you do it with your wife present he'll feel outnumbered and you'll get nowhere. So do it man to man, no bullsh*t.
You're very lucky as he seems like one of the few teens that are capable of having an adult conversation with you, and that shows remarkable parenting skills on your behalf, so for that you have my respect.

Lionheart

PF Regular
Mar 31, 2009
Maxy, I'd also like to see you reply or at least your thoughts on the people who have said let him be free in some form.
Also poll results show that over 75% people think he should be occasionally allowed to be unsupervised.

I'm a teenager, so i'm trying to find the Original posters perspective after all this information/opinions.

I look forward to your reply!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
please do not bump threads that over 30 days old. It's against the rules that you should ahve read before you began posting