should have done this long ago...

need2evolve

Jul 7, 2013
call me an epimethius....i got caught up in work and other things and what do you know....life is passing you by a million miles a minute and you realize your child(ren) are growing like a weed right before your eyes and you feel like no matter what you do you just cant catch up to where you think you should be by now.

so thats my intro and why im here....im feeling desperate. I'm sure im not the first to join coming from that place...and im not proud that i waited this long to pursue some resources like this one. I've always known forums are about the best place to learn about almost anything because its coming from real ppl with experience....i just dont know why i didnt think of doing that when it comes to parenting! can we say duh????

anyway, who knows how long ill be here...im probably going to be more of a taker than a giver due to my stark lack of real parenting experience and success (i dont have a high opinion of myself at the moment), but i hope to glean some pointers from the generous and experienced people here and hope that someday i can pass the wisdom along.

thanks for having me.

cheers.

AlwaysConcerned

PF Regular
Jul 7, 2013
That's not just you.. There are many people who are in the same position as you, so keep that in mind and stay strong. Being a parent is a challenge for anyone, until and unless that person doesn't really care about responsibilities.. So stay strong and if you have problems, you can always post here. We are here to help! :)

Cheers.

CHavens

Jun 30, 2013
Oh God, I had the same epiphany yesterday! I've started trying to do something with my boy every day and I have noticed he is less "desperate" and more comfortable when we spend time together because I am now regularly doing it. I am simultaneously proud of myself and embarrassed.

*waves*

~C

AlwaysConcerned

PF Regular
Jul 7, 2013
CHavens said:
Oh God, I had the same epiphany yesterday! I've started trying to do something with my boy every day and I have noticed he is less "desperate" and more comfortable when we spend time together because I am now regularly doing it. I am simultaneously proud of myself and embarrassed.

*waves*

~C
Haha that's really sweet. Just relax you know. It's a world full of mothers. And we're here to take care of our children. Don't listen to anyone on the forum if they're all rude with you or stuff.. Some may be trying to help you, but in life, there will be people just trying to stomp you into the ground for no good reason. Don't listen to them. You're a hero. Stay that way! :)

Hope your son's doing well.
Keep in touch! :)