Should I be INDUCED???...

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
UGH!! My blood pressure is too high it's been higher then then my dr's want for about 2 months now but up untill now they haven't wanted to do too much about it, probably because at my 39 week appointment yesterday I had protine in my urine and a bit more swelling in my legs then I've been having. The baby is doing fine, but they want me to be induced tomarrow morning. (this would be a VBAC, but they said all should be fine since I am dilated at least to 3cm)

What would you all do if given this option??

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
I've heard induced labor is worse than natural labor, but by all means do what your doctor says!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think if I was feeling ok I would hold out a little longer but if your blood pressure is like REALLY high I would go for the induction

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I would go ahead and induce, if they were able to get you in tommorrow morning then they must have some concerns, even if they are an emergency, I have been induce, once at 42 weeks, it was my first and it was long, but an epi took care of that, number 2 completley natural (long story, not bad) and #3 induced, fear of not making it to hospital, #'s 4&5 helped but not induced. I can say that when it came to pain.....it was all the same! I was induced with #3 at 38 weeks, my choice, I was DONE, and then helped at 39 weeks with the last two.

I say follow your DR and be done.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
I was induced with my second. I was 4 cm dialated and had been for about a week. It was time for the LO to come, but he was being stubborn. They just broke my water and I was contracting and getting the urge to push even before they could get the oxytocin started or the epidural in. But because it was quick, the pain didn't seem as bad as with the first.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
All I can say, is trust your body. You have been pregnant before, and although pregnancies are all different, you would know if something seems off, (I remember your other thread too) :) Your blood pressure should probably be a big factor in your decision, but ultimately, it's your choice. But if you doctor seems firm, I would go with his suggestion.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I tend to lean that you shouldn't but if your blood preasure is that high and they are truly concerned then yes you should. I was also induced with mine, at 42 weeks and 1/2 cm dialated. She came out in less then 3 hours.

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
No baby yet!! I did go to be induced on Saturday - started at 6am was on med till 7pm no progress (my blood pressure monitoring was good all day protine readings were a trace) so they gave me the option to be off med for 3 hours and try again, or to go home for the week and have an appointment to check blood pressure and protine in the mid of week. I chose to come home, hopefully I just go into labor on my own this week!! I'm praying I do. If not they are pushing to have another induction on Friday at 7am. (that is my due date)

There reason for wanting to induce if I go over my due date is my previous history of large babies and this time my blood pressure and protine in urine,
I was also induced with my first (she was about 4 days over due) and my blood pressure was high! She was a large baby (9lbs 3oz) I pushed for 2 1/2 hours with her (her shoulder was stuck) then I hemmoraged after she was born - my second was also a larger baby I was induced at 38 weeks because they knew she was going to be a large baby also. I was in labor all day then she wanted to come and I wasn't dialated enough so an emergency c-section was done (she was 8lbs 7oz).

hopefully I'll just go into labor this week, that way I don't have to worry about being induced Friday

codywhite1

Aug 8, 2008
Sherman TX
My wife has good blood pressure But I think that if you have high blood pressure you should get induced high blood pressure could hurt the baby as much as it hurting you..