should we find out if its a burger or hotdog??...

Anna78

PF Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2007
London, UK
We have our big scan coming up in just over 3 weeks, and we are trying to decide whether or not we should find out the sex. I didn't with my other 3 children, and I liked it that way. But DH is desperate to find out. I'm not really sure what benefits it will have, as I was planning on moving the baby into Sawyers old room which is neutral, I have plenty of clothes for both sexes and we can pick out a name for both sexes. To me, I have one of each anyway so I don't really care about the sex anyway, should I just find out to keep him happy?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
if it's very important to him and you don't really care either way I would say find out

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
I don't like to find out and when I was pregnant with our 4yr old my boyfriend really wanted to find out so I said ok to know for the ultrasound, Well good thing my baby had her legs crossed and moved too much when they were looking, so we weren't able to find out (I'm so happy we didn't) I was kind of upset that I had changed my mind because I knew I didn't want to know and glad it turned out the way it did - If you don't want to find out make him wait! You'll be glad you did.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I would say that if you really don't want to know then don't. But if you don't care and he really wants to know then find out.

Anna78

PF Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2007
London, UK
Hes really excited about the prospect of finding out. I would prefer to wait, but then its not like I'm really against finding out. I think I'll wait and decide when we're actually in there

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
I found out with my first pregnancy (which I miscarried but for the record it was a girl), with Hannah except they were wrong, and with the pregnancy after Hannah which I also miscarried and which was the one and only time I ever have been pregnant with a boy. I liked being surprised better and also when they were wrong with Hannah taking everything back was hard and she didn't have a name for 2 days.

I think deciding when you are there is best though. BTW your baby is due on my birthday. :)

Nicolel0929

Jan 3, 2008
New York
Thats a hard one. We didnt find out with either of my two sons. My husband we get very few surprises in life. I had a feeling that I was having boys anyway though. Guess what well we got a surprise, baby number 3 is coming in Sept. Part of me wants to know, but it is a great feeling to find out when you actually give birth.

parentinzen

PF Regular
Mar 9, 2008
I would say if you haven't with the others, and he really wants to, you might as well. It will at least be different for you, and it might be fun. We didn't with our first, but did with our 2nd. It was fun for our daughter to be able to know what was coming, and help us pick out the name. It just made the transition easier for her. Good luck in your decision!

-Amy
http://www.parentingzen.com