Shrinking Photos...

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
Anybody know how to reduce the number of jpegs in a photo on your computer? Mine all are HUGE and I always end up putting them on flickr just so I can copy the smaller thumbnail version... how can I do that without going so round about?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
when I do it for my scrapbooking, I use my photo editing software. THen change the size to 75dpi and 600x600 pixles. i then use a thing called jpeg optimizer. N ot sure what program you have though

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
teh FREE kind!!!

I have Photoshop Album started edition (very basic). I don't see the ability to do anything like that.

I have access to the new free Photoshop express, but it's kind of like Flickr (except with a lot more editing tools). I don't want to have to upload stuff unless I'm planning to edit it in some way.

hmmmm... ah well

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
budnkota said:
teh FREE kind!!!

I have Photoshop Album started edition (very basic). I don't see the ability to do anything like that.

I have access to the new free Photoshop express, but it's kind of like Flickr (except with a lot more editing tools). I don't want to have to upload stuff unless I'm planning to edit it in some way.

hmmmm... ah well
Don't use that Photoshop Express site. If you read the terms and conditions the moment you upload your picture to the site PS owns all rights to it and can use it however they wish.

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I don't really care if they use my photos for their little ads. Not that they would, cuz I'm not the greatest photographer!

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Try this, open your photo, then go "save as" give it a new name, and save it as a jpeg, the options for quality and size should come up as part of the save process, every art program I have does this, you may need to look for a tab "properties" during the save.

Lowering the dpi is good too, during the save as, you will most likely be asked what res. you want, or you can do that it the art program before saving.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I resize my photos with the software that came with my digital camera.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I found some really neat online photo editing stuff, no software or account needed...just upload your photo and edit, and add effects etc.

I will start another thread for it.