Single military dad, one daughter - saying hi!...

MinnDad714

Feb 5, 2012
Minnesota
Hello - I am Mark, just dropping by to introduce myself. I am a single, 32-year-old military dad of one daughter. Though divorced, I was fortunate enough to have had my ex raise my daughter, Maddy, while I was deployed. She's still a wonderful woman.

Anyhow, now that I am back, I am ready to be a dad again and thought I'd come on here to interact with other parents. I tell you - a year changes a lot and I see the next few years of raising Maddy (she's 12) as a challenge, so your advice will be be much appreciated. :)

If there are any other parents out there who would like to exchange tips on parenting and such, please shoot me a message.

Mark

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Welcome, I'm Christian, I'm 41. My wife's name is Amber, she's also 41.

We have 7 children: Meagan is married and has 2 children.
Dylan is on the baseball team at Jacksonville University majoring in Aviation Management and Flight Operations.
Dane is in his first year at Naval Academy and majoring in Naval Architecture.
Cassie is currently in her junior year of high school and wants to become a Certified Diabetes Educator - looking at Stanford or Princeton.
Jon is also a junior in high school and is looking at going college for business administration.
Billy is in 5th grade and wants to become the "worlds greatest baseball player" (side note, he met Sam Fuld from the Rays a couple weeks ago! Super exciting.)
Kaitlyn is also in 5th grade and doesn't know what she wants to do, she just knows she wants to be around horses.

Hope you like it here.

MinnDad714

Feb 5, 2012
Minnesota
mom2many said:
Welcome!

I am Jennifer a SAHM to 8. The oldest is 20 and the youngest is 2.
Jennifer, thanks for the response! Eight kids? I admire you for that! Look forward to talking more to you. :)

MinnDad714

Feb 5, 2012
Minnesota
Father_0f_7 said:
Welcome, I'm Christian, I'm 41. My wife's name is Amber, she's also 41.

We have 7 children: Meagan is married and has 2 children.
Dylan is on the baseball team at Jacksonville University majoring in Aviation Management and Flight Operations.
Dane is in his first year at Naval Academy and majoring in Naval Architecture.
Cassie is currently in her junior year of high school and wants to become a Certified Diabetes Educator - looking at Stanford or Princeton.
Jon is also a junior in high school and is looking at going college for business administration.
Billy is in 5th grade and wants to become the "worlds greatest baseball player" (side note, he met Sam Fuld from the Rays a couple weeks ago! Super exciting.)
Kaitlyn is also in 5th grade and doesn't know what she wants to do, she just knows she wants to be around horses.

Hope you like it here.
Christian - thanks for the response. You sound like you've got a beautiful family. Congrats. And - seven kids? Holy cow! Though they all seem to be successful, which is good.

You seem to have a lot more experieince than I, with that many kids. perhaps I can learn a thing or two from you. :)

And - I bet Kaitlyn's animal stage will pass. Mine just did. :D

GeekyOwl

PF Regular
Feb 12, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hello! Hope you find the forum beneficial! Hope you have a wonderful day! I am a newly single mother of two beautiful children! Can't wait for the spring so Caleb can start soccer! He's really looking forward to his second year! And Marion just finished up cheerleading for the boys' basketball team!