Skunk!!??????...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
FO6- I loved both pictures! But I am sure I will not be molesting any gators soon!

Zero- I plan to get some of that stuff for the future, I suspect that this won't be Marley's first run in with one, he just is to curious and loves a good chase.

bssage- We don't really have a problem with the coon's, we see them on occasion and know they are around but they leave us alone. A week ago I saw the prettiest dang coyote I have seen in ages, we know they are out there also cause we can hear them but for the most part you don't see them.

As to the smell, it is pretty much gone, if you get to close to Marley's nose you can catch a faint whiff but other then that the recipe did it's thing...well that and a little soda on his face.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Jordy you're pic just scared the crap outta me! I looked to see if my reply posted and I see this monster staring at me LOL!

Coon is negative hear also if used towards a person, but not when referred to a raccoon, it is somewhat of a fine line.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Coon is racist here too, like the n word, we don't use it for raccoon here but I was once at Borth animalarium and heard someone say "it doesn't look like a coon" when near the raccoon enclosure.

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Father_0f_6 said:
Alligator's aren't nice either...even if they ring the doorbell
My two alligator stories:

I've seen an alligator jump 15 feet straight up out of the water to get a chunk of meat. And I do mean straight up.

I was going to work one night and ran over a ten foot gator in my minivan. I thought I must have hurt him badly, so I backed up to check it out. There's no way I was getting out of the van! The gator just sat there with it's mouth open like they do when they're really pissed off. Then he walked away totally unhurt...

As for the skunk, I've heard tomato juice works wonders. I must be weird, because I kind of like the skunk smell... :)

Jordy

PF Fanatic
Apr 12, 2010
Perth, WA
haha yep i you go to northern Australia they are in most rivers and can even be at the beaches... but sharks to shame lol, mindless killers

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
babymakerjones said:
tomato juice is best. get a kiddie pool and use it to recycle the stuff.
okay, I tried my best to avoid this, but I just have to ask? Recycle it HOW? You mean save it for the next time you have to de-scent a doggie, or make a big batch of "Fuzzy Marys" (with a nod to the quatity of fur now doubt to be present.)

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Well that depends. If you have a Lab, it would be more fuzzy than if you had, say, a Pointer. It's all in the breed, isn't it? Basically, you would have to ask for a Fuzzy Mary, Longhair or Shorthair. The rough part is when you walk in and ask for a Fuzzy Mary with Mange. I think you would have to make that with Tequila...

Elise

Banned
May 31, 2010
Awww wash him in vinegar it helps take the smell away, or so I have heard. Not sure if it just makes it smell like vinegar instead!