Sly Milk Question...

MN Mom

Jun 27, 2008
MN
My 3 yo daughter has constipation issues. We have tried many things and have found Silk works fine for her. I try to buy organically when I can - so both my 5 yo son and I drink organic milk. I thought that soy milk would be just as good - but have recently heard that it's awful as far as nutrition etc goes.

Does anyone know anything about this?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
soy milk contains estrogen that could be harnful for a young girl, also if it's says vanilla on it it's full of sugar as well. Have you tried rice milk for her, or even almond milk...both would be better for her than the soy, but you could alwats talk to her doc and see what he/she thinks

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Goats milk is pretty good. Supposed to be easier to digest than cows milk. Its expensive though and hard to find not powdered or condensed.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
The issues regarding soy milk really only show when drunk in excess. A glass a day is unlikely to cause any hormonal issues, especially in a girl so young.

Rice milk is a good alternative, but beware, many brands have added sugar.

Oat milk is probably the lowest in sugar, and has a more child-friendly taste.

And of course, good old goats milk.

abbey.barclay

Banned
Jul 9, 2009
Plain soy milk is very nutritive: it's an excellent source of high quality proteins, isoflavones and B-vitamins. Soy milk is free of the milk sugar (lactose) and is a good choice for people who are lactose intolerant. Also, it is a good alternative to those who are allergic the proteins of cow's milk.

ellen21

PF Regular
Jul 15, 2009
what i think is that soy milk is very nutritional for kidoos . it actually have more vitamin D , vitamin b12 , vitamin A and C more iron and calcium as compared to whole ( cows ) milk.