Sticky,,,,, Very very sticky...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I think we should have a "sticky" random thread for the following reasons.

I occasionally have thoughts. (and by "occasionally", I mean "constantly") <SIZE size="75"><I>And yess I do, shutup!!</I></SIZE>

Many of these thoughts are random. (and by "random" I mean that "I don't know where they come from or why they are there.")

I feel guilty starting post for a single idea. ( and by "guilty" I mean "not really.")

It may give me something to do other than derailing other thread's or trying to make each thread about poop (and by "may" I mean "not likely.")

I also would like to know why every time I go to buy a pocket knife or a multi tool or a key chain. It has a bottle opener on it. Am I the only person who has no use for a bottle top opener? Is everyone else buying neat drinks that can not be opened by hand? Do people who use knifes drink a lot of beverages that come in glass bottles?

I think everyone else is up to something when I have these thoughts.

I would like to know the answer to these thought provoking questions and more (And by that I mean "I have a hard time sleeping.")

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Ummmm yes,,,,,,I think, Errrr yes.

And is there no one at Swiss saying. "Do we really need these? Is this a big selling point??

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I think it just looks cool. It says "I drink beer, and that's manly". lol But really... they don't sell bottles that need to have an opener used on them. I don't get it either.

I agree, we should definitely have a sticky "Randomness" thread. But I don't know how to do that. Either I don't have the authority to do it, or nobody ever taught me. So, all I can do is vote positively for it. :D

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
i remember some of the bottles when ya did need a bottle opener. somehow those things have gotten lost along the way. they're just a throw back to when you really did need them. the corkscrew is for wine. some bars still need them too. i don't think most folks need them now except maybe when they've had just a bit too much to drink or something.

bottle opener
Bottle opener - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here's the name in a different language.:p
Dansk (Danish)
n. - oplukker, madonna, samfundshjælper Français (French)
n. - ouvre-bouteilles, décapsuleur
Deutsch (German)
n. - Flaschenöffner
Ελληνική (Greek)
n. - ανοιχτήρι μπουκαλιών, τιρμπουσόν
Italiano (Italian)
cavatappi, apribottiglie
Português (Portuguese)
n. - abridor (m) de garrafa
Русский (Russian)
ключ для открывания бутылок
Español (Spanish)
n. - abrebotellas, destapador
Svenska (Swedish)
n. - flasköppnare, kapsylöppnare

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Dadu2004 said:
Any ideas on a name for the thread?
Wasn't there something on SNL? "Deep thoughts" I cant remember what it was called. Anything would work. "The playground"