Stomach Pain...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
So, we've had my son to the Dr twice in the last month or so, because of throat pain that turned out to be nothing. So, when he told us his stomach hurt and he had some headache/dizziness, we thought he was faking illness to get out of what he didn't want to do.

Took him to the dr, who said he has strep...no fever, no throat pain, and it's strep. I had never heard of this before. Apparently the abdominal lymph nodes get inflamed and that causes stomach pain.

Anyway, just thought I'd share as I had never heard of this before.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
Sometimes the lymph can be lower down as well and make it feel as though you have a lump in your testicles.
he did mention that it seemed to go down his leg a little....

The fact that he had no fever was the really perplexing part, but even the quick strep test it in the drs office turned immediately positive, so it wasn't even an iffy result.

We let him play soccer the next evening, I guess that was too soon..oops

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
When Azriel had tonsillitis he would always complain about his stomach hurting, which I couldnt make sense of. He ended up losing a lot of weight because he just wouldnt eat. I always wondered why that was, I guess now I have an idea.

Cartter

Sep 10, 2012
new york
That's something I was never aware of, what happened then in how much time did he got well (with medications).

ikon99

PF Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2012
Arizona
At times, kids have difficulty describing the way abdominal pain feels. In the case of a positive strep test and abdominal pain, the pain is likley nausea, (hence the lack of an appetite). Some kids will barf as well.

ikon99

PF Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2012
Arizona
Jeremy+3, you mentioned,
"Sometimes the lymph can be lower down as well and make it feel as though you have a lump in your testicles." This does not sound like it would be associated w strep and may be a deeper issue.