Stress Reliever?...

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
We all know that parenting is a stressful job, made more stressful by all the other responsibilities that go with. What do you do to relieve that stress?

I am learning new coping methods but it is kind of hard to get out of those bad habits. For the longest time whenever I got really stressed out I would sleep. I would be so tired that I couldn't function (which is how I realized my marriage was going to down the toilet) no matter how much sleep I got the night before. I am the type of person that when something is to much to handle I leave it alone until I can deal with it, I will go to work early or I will stay a few days at my sister's house for a change of scenery. It may not be the most healthy but it's what I do. What do you do?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Mindfulness/meditation.
Bubblebaths and music.
Earplugs.
Nap when O naps.
See avatar.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
read
listen to music
knit
have a drink...lol
that a very long very hot shower and spend some time pampering myself

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
In no particular order:

Walking/Running/Working out
Music - dancing or easy listening
Soaking in the tub
Reading
Shopping
Internet (e-mail and message boards, surfing for info,...)
Couple time with DH :D

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
.:Kalli Rae:. said:
I like to shop to Trina but then I feel so guilty. lol
Oh, you don't have to buy anything. ;) Just going window shopping without DH and the kids is a stress reliever for me. Sometimes I'll just wander the mall aimlessly. It's so nice to be able to do that for a change. You know what it's like shopping with kids. LOL!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I really like having the house quiet and look out the window and watch the leaves blowing on the tree. I don't know why that calms me but it always has since I was little.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Trina said:
Oh, you don't have to buy anything. ;) Just going window shopping without DH and the kids is a stress reliever for me. Sometimes I'll just wander the mall aimlessly. It's so nice to be able to do that for a change. You know what it's like shopping with kids. LOL!
LOL, just doing the grocery shopping without Dd is a stress reliever for me. :p

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
I should really try the window shopping thing. I like to look at stuff but hate the fact that I don't have money to buy it. Maybe if I go out with the intent to ONLY window shop it would be a little better. And I will be able to get out of the house, I only work and go home with the occasional trip to my sisters house.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
sex
watching a good movie
playing video games
reading
messing around with my fish tanks when it isn't a 'fish emergency'

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
musicmom said:
I really like having the house quiet and look out the window and watch the leaves blowing on the tree. I don't know why that calms me but it always has since I was little.
sounds nice to me!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Trina said:
In no particular order:

Walking/Running/Working out
Music - dancing or easy listening
Soaking in the tub
Reading
Shopping
Internet (e-mail and message boards, surfing for info,...)
Couple time with DH :D
Shopping stresses me out!

sadinplaid

PF Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2007
Georgia
HappyMomma said:
Hot, hot bath and a good book for me. I also enjoy working in my flower beds.

I'm a gardener too. Having Nat outside in her stroller calms her down too. She enjoys the fresh air while I weed, water, plant, prune...

I also love taking bubble baths when I get the chance - my sis-in-law bought me bubble bath by Philosophy called Inner Grace - it smells so good!

I like reading or walking my dog too.
Also love any reason I can get to go somewhere in the car without DD or DH so I can blast my music and sing at the top of my lungs!

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
sadinplaid said:
Also love any reason I can get to go somewhere in the car without DD or DH so I can blast my music and sing at the top of my lungs!
I have a horrible voice but I absolutely love to drive and sing and dance (more like a wiggle :p ) when I am driving. I have gotten the strangest looks from people. :eek: :D