Submitted my 2y/o in a beauty pageant...

JessiDev

Jun 17, 2008
I just submitted my 2 year old girl to an online pageant I stumbled *mod removed link contact poster for more info*- and am now wondering if it was immoral. A lot of people think its wrong to exploit your kid like that...</SIZE>[/FONT]

<SIZE size="100">[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]What do you think? [/FONT]</SIZE>

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Has your daughter entered any other contests or pagents? Where you in pagents as a child?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
well I think photo contests are OK in moderation but beauty pageants for little girls are scary to me. Have you ever seen the movie Little Miss Sunshine?

JessiDev

Jun 17, 2008
HappyMomma said:
Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Has your daughter entered any other contests or pagents? Where you in pagents as a child?
I was never in any pageants, and this is the first thing Ive ever submitted my daughter in. $500 would help with the current state of things :(

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
$500 for submitting her photo online? I wouldn't do it. That is a nice little chunk of money but knowing my daughter is all dolled up and I let people use her photo for whatever sick and demented ideas they have...No thanks.

JMO though.

There isn't enough money in the world.

Beauty pagents scare me...I want my girls to think they are beautiful because they are on the INSIDE and OUT not just because some jerk with a notepad liked the way they looked as a 7 yr old with make up on.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, i've never been a fan of beauty pagents. My daughter knows she's beautiful by me telling her that...she doens't need to be posted online for the world to tell her that.

JessiDev

Jun 17, 2008
sarushjr said:
Yeah, i've never been a fan of beauty pagents. My daughter knows she's beautiful by me telling her that...she doens't need to be posted online for the world to tell her that.
But that money is what would help

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
JessiDev said:
I was never in any pageants, and this is the first thing Ive ever submitted my daughter in. $500 would help with the current state of things :(
I bet it would help but there's just so much risk involved. Chance are good that an online photo contest like this is a total scam. To me personally...no amount of money is worth the risk. Although I may be way off...did you research this site at all before submitting her photo?

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
sarushjr said:
Exactly!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
A scam is where they ask for money. You think it's some pedophile sweepstakes?

I don't think there's anything wrong with submitting a pic for a contest, I have seen lots of contests advertised in well respected Parenting magazines. It's just a fun thing parents can do to feel good about their kids.

It's not like she's putting make up and and fake eyelashes on her.

Go you mom! I hope you win!

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
JessiDev said:
But that money is what would help
Then a second job to earn extra money would be a much better solution. My child is more important than money.

Besides, it is a shot in the dark anyway.

JessiDev

Jun 17, 2008
meow_173 said:
I still think it sounds like a scam
Why are you worried of it being a scam? The site didnt come off like that to me at all, it didnt even cross my mind; only the moral issues.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
????

But there is no way to tell whether it isn't a scam or not. The risk of sending a pic of your CHILD to an online site contest???
I wouldn't do it even if they offered a million dollar 1st prize...the risk of the unknown is too big

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
well I did a little search and you've been all over the web promoting this site so obviously it's something you think is OK...if you are having moral issues you should probably stop trying to get others to sign their kids up too. I hope your child...if in fact you have one, turns OK and everything is kosher with this site. Chance are though even if their not you'll never know. I wish you the best but please do not continue to spam this site. You are free to discuss parenting issues here for now or even continue this conversation if you'd like. I've given you my opinion...take it or don't