Success - well, not really!...

csdax

PF Enthusiast
May 5, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Our 3-year-old has always hated having her hair washed, cut or even brushed. The one time we tried taking her to the hair-dresser's, we had to hold her in place, screaming, while she tried to wriggle free. It's not easy to cut someone's hair when their dad has them in a headlock! It was a desperation measure, though, because her hair was always in her face, and I was scared to try cutting it because I was terrified that I'd end up hurting her with the scissors while she wriggled.

Apparently, we were just using the wrong approach, though. We've discovered that if Mummy is out of the house and Daddy is asleep on the couch, Erika is perfectly happy to sit still while her five-year-old sister cuts her hair! Who knew? Jadzia cut away the annoying bangs (fringe, for Brits) completely, and achieved a 'layered' approach on one side and a few uneven straggles of what used to be the length at the back. Quite an interesting effect!

Of course, how she'll behave when we try to trim it to something half presentable is completely unknown!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Oh holy crap LMBO!

The things kids do while left to their own devices....I've been there, many, many times!

On another note, Cole my 'middle' son wouldn't let me touch his hair for years. By the time he finally let me it was almost to his waist.

I found a picture of Aidens, um haircut. The bangs seem to disappear..

Here's the only picture of Cole I could find cause Photobucket removed his pictures...he was topless and they thought he was a girl...that tell ya something lol\

ikon99

PF Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2012
Arizona
Ummm, is Jadeza a trained stylist? That is so funny. I have a cousin who cut her dolls hair, then her own hair to match.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
I needed to laugh this morning. Thank you! :D

I woke up one day to find my own hair laying in the floor beside the couch. The scissors that "only cut paper" lied. My hair had been to my waist before my son tried his hand at being a barber. :eek:

csdax

PF Enthusiast
May 5, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Mom2all said:
I needed to laugh this morning. Thank you! :D

I woke up one day to find my own hair laying in the floor beside the couch. The scissors that "only cut paper" lied. My hair had been to my waist before my son tried his hand at being a barber. :eek:
OMG. I would completely freak if my kids cut my hair. I would be totally devastated.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
awww thats sweet when our eldest two (Sam and Callum) were about 5 and 6 (Sam being the eldest) they decided that they would use their mums curling tonges to 'restyle each others hair'. Another time they gave each other a make over using their mum's makeup shame it wasn't halloween