Summer Camp...

gennifurlynn

PF Regular
Aug 14, 2008
Rhode Island
I have been looking for summer camps in my area and haven't been able to find much other than the local YMCA. Wasn't sure if there anyone on here from RI that knew of any or if anyone know of a good way to find summer camp listings. I've done searches online but haven't been very successful. Any ideas or resources/websites would be greatly appreciated.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
try your local municipality's praka and rec, or youth programs, they may keep lists as well as having their own programs. Not sure if maybe a library might be of help.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
hmmm...like IAdad said, check your local parks and recs. I know in our area the have tons of summer activities and camps. Also any local sportsman clubs may have camps as well. Our school usually sends home the booklets as well

gennifurlynn

PF Regular
Aug 14, 2008
Rhode Island
Thank you for the ideas. I am looking into my towns acitivites, I don't live in the greatest town so we shall see. I might try some surronding towns too. I think he would like the cub scouts anyways so that another options and activity he can do anyways.

abbey.barclay

Banned
Jul 9, 2009
Hi,
I use to take my son to the YMCA-Camp Carter although it's in the west Ft. Worth area I'm sure they have YMCA over in your area. He was about 8 or 9 when he went there but they got to hike, played volleyball, swam and did all sorts of activities during the summer. Check it out it may be just what you are looking for.
Good luck,

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Everyone has said what i would.. either the ymca or park districts around you. My son went to ymca last year and is in with the park district now for camp. I think it's kind of late in the summer to be able to get him into a camp.. likely either full or registration closed. Some of the good camps you have to start looking at right after Christmas to insure a spot (around here anyway). Boy scouts, I think, it a school year thing, so it might be ust the right time for registration for that.