Summer Problems...

scarletjones

Banned
Apr 10, 2013
California
Summer becomes quiet hectic for students they feel tired and lazy as heat goes up they donot want to utilize their vacations what are your tips so to avoid this dizzy timetable from a students life...please mention.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
I have no idea. I did my own thing after I got into middle school.

Everyday I woke up, showered, got ready, hung out with friends and begged to go to the pool all the time.

Once we got to the pool I went off and did my own thing.

My summers were always driven by what I wanted, if I wanted to do nothing I did nothing, if I wanted to hang out with friends I did, if I wanted to go to a sports camp I did.

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
We don't allow the kids to sit in front of the tv all day, but that's essentially the only thing we do during the summer break. We do more as a family during the summer because I have a vacation too (since I am a teacher), but the kids do their own thing. If they want to sit and read books all day, that's fine. If they want to rollerblade or ride their bikes, they will. We don't let them use the PC or tv a lot to begin with, so it really is no different during the summer.

I think the point of summer vacation is for the kids to have a break, not to be pummeled with extra curriculars and school-type activities during the free time. The vacation allows them to do their own thing.