Taxes...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Who's still doing them?

I'm still looking for a couple of receipts. Pretty much need to wrap them up tonight. I still have a couple of weeks until state taxes are due, but I should just get them done. There should be refunds coming for both, so I'm not quite sure why I'm dragging my feet....it always feels good to finally get them done.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
we're filing tonight, which is crazy because we have a pretty nice refund coming. We just get caught up with other things and it doesn't seem so important

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I know each night, I think "I'm just going to wrap those up tonight" and by the time we get kids fed and off to bed etc...." I njust don't seem to have the desire.

Glad I'm not the only late file4r who has a refund coming. (I feel stupid otherwise.)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
We did ours February, but we both had the most ridiculously simple returns you'll ever see so it didn't take but more than a few minutes each. :)

BF's mom is still doing hers though, and she's going to have a massive refund lol.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Didn't get mine wrapped up last night...I'm going to try to leave early today to work on them and get them sent off tonight...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I will have to admit that i have Never ONCE done my taxes. My mom did mine, and once i started dating DH he did them. So he did ours and we have since long gotten our returns.

LilNiko

Jan 23, 2009
california
We finished ours in February. I bought Turbo Tax and it was quite simple to use. No more waiting in line and rushing to get things done. I've done that before and it's a big headache.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
We used TurboTax.com, it's free and the same thing as the program. :D

(you have to pay to do state though, if you want to. You don't have to do it there. It's not expensive anyway.)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I use Tax Cut. Once upon a time I used Turbo Tax and at that point it didn't hand;e my K-1 info correctly (well, it didn't handle it at all, which is kindof a problem....) So, I never get to start taxes until March 15th at the earliest (because one of my K-1's is never available until then, and then I have to dredge through all the check stubs, which DW usually sorts, has been promising to but still hasn't, so I'm gonna take a little time off this afternoon and get them wrapped up.

Shouldn't take me more than an hour (well, maybe two...)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Xero said:
We used TurboTax.com, it's free and the same thing as the program. :D

(you have to pay to do state though, if you want to. You don't have to do it there. It's not expensive anyway.)
I think that's what we used as well

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I did finally get them done and submitted last night.

Now I have to go adjust my withholding for the rest of this year, the refudn was just too big, it's silly for me to be loaning the government that kind of cash.....

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
ain"t ya glad this didn't happen to one of ya'll?:eek:
Jardine: Couple's tax documents certifiably lost - Featured Stories - The Modesto Bee

we did ours the very second it was ok to send the forms in. but we paid someone to do them. easy on us and helps someone else to make a living.
&&&&
has anyone seen the news about the tea party?
Thousands rally with 'tea parties' on tax day

haven't read much about it. it's all about the taxes.
down here lots folks have been on the courthouse lawn today and in the past few weeks. a bunch of them are gathering tea bags to send to washington. there's supposed to be some sort of thing going on with it on the internet too. but i don't know much about it.

PeterUmak

Banned
Mar 29, 2009
Indonesia
Anitrim with Acai Berries is how oprah has lost weight and how Rachel RAy has stayed slim.Get Anitrim with Acai Berries working for you with your Free Trial of Anitrim with Acai Berries.Diet Solution