teacher discipline, missed bus continued......

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
If this is the first time something like this has happened in her class then I would expect she get a stern warning. Accidents do happen, but I am not sure what else they could do..

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I wouldnt think to much. First time, movie. We all make mistakes. If that is the worse thing she does this year I think you'll be ahead of the curve.

IMHO

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
16th ave. said:
what sort of disciplinary action would you guys expect from something like this?
I'm sorry I might have misunderstood. Who's discpline, teacher or DD?

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
it was mainly the teacher. we got emmy taken care of...
luckily that's the worst thing to happen to us. that's not the worst thing to happen with the school this year.

we get that things happen. we all screw up but we all also have consequences to things we do. stuff like this is not ok. at the end of the school day the teacher is supposed to be getting the kids sent home. what was it that was so important that she wasn't checking to make sure her kids were where they were supposed to be?

we gave the woman an opportunity to say "hey, i was helping another student and thought emmy left with the others" or something. ok. fine. we can accept that. don't let it happen again. make note of it in her file that this did happen. matters were worse when she put all the blame on emmy and couldn't even own up to the fact that she slipped up somewhere.
there's two people who screwed up. we got one taken care of. now what about the other one?
don't say nothing to them? just be "oh its ok. you don't have to make sure your students are on task. i know we say it but you don't have to make sure the kids leave for the bus or get into the right cars at the end of the day. you're an awesome teacher anyway. its ok to cost the tax payers more money..... we are perfectly fine with having the shit scared out of us. we don't care. we had a kid just so this sort of crap could happen. ........"

by not even saying anything tells the teacher and the school that we accept that its ok to not be taking care of business. one down, 1500 other parents to go.
but its NOt ok. by letting it go and having no consequences to certain actions just gives folk the go ahead to do worse....
and That is where <U>all the problems</U> begin for Everyone.

what about the consequences for this teacher?<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>
that's only a small part of it all. the chain reaction it set off was not a tiny one....

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I agree with you 16th it's just that from your end there won't be a lot you can do or insist on. We all agree that the teacher dropped the ball and she would know that I was very unhappy and that I expect there won't be a next time.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I'm not so sure its a disciplinary issue yet.

First does the principal know what she (teacher) was doing, was it within what she's to be doing?

If so, does that policy direction oversight need to be changed?

I mean I can't accept that there isn't room for something to change here, either the teacher screwed up or there isn't adequate policy or administration oversight. So, I think my questions would be first with the principal.