Teacher removed from classroom...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
:( :( :(
<I>PHILADELPHIA - April 30, 2008 (WPVI) -- More fallout came today for a Philadelphia school teacher, following an Action News exclusive report last Friday. </I>
<I>Tonia Brown is accused of teaching violence in her classroom. Now, Brown has been removed from her special education classroom.</I>
<I>In exclusive cell phone video obtained by Action News, two Martha Washington Elementary students are seen trading punches. Fellow classmates sit on their desks and cheer. About 15 seconds go by before the teacher, Tonia Brown, steps in and breaks it up.</I>

<I>6abc.com: Action News Exclusive: Teacher Removed from Classroom 4/30/08</I>

parenting

May 13, 2008
nice way of teaching. To all teachers: Teach how to love the person next to you instead of this!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I didn't read the total article but I was thinking about this yesturday. My children are so nieve and they do not know hate or hateful things. Children who are mean to them my kids just don't understand and take it personal. When I was talking to dh I said "it's not like I can go out into the world and teach them there are hateful things out there" and he said "life will teach them and you can not keep them in a bubble"
So I am at a cross road. They are only around kindness and they do not understand how horrible the world can be. I do not condone what this teacher did but I think bullying can side swipe a child who is not use to hateful things.